“Good Country Cookin'”

Good for: Families with children
Dothan, Alabama
“Good Country Cookin'”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

They have a bountiful buffet with at least three meats and all the sides you could imagine. Salad bar has all the familiar favorites and more. Dessert bar, too.
Or you can order off the menu. They have every cut of steak there is.
Husband got ribeye, I just did the salad bar/ hot bar.
Ribeye was ordered medium and came more like rare, but took too long to send back. We ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer, but it never came out until after we were both all finished with our meal. We were about to tell them to take it off the ticket, but that was when they arrived at the table. They were worth the wait, but it would have been better to get them as the "appetizer" they were intended to be.
No alcohol is served in this establishment, so if you requre a beer or glass of wine with dinner, go somewhere else. Their tea is a good accompaniment for this meal, though.
Atmosphere is family oriented, similar to the Golden Corrals of the world.
I would probably prefer this for a large luncheon rather than supper.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank SouthernGlobetrotter

Seneca, SC
“Glorified S & S cafeteria....bland food.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Passing thru on my husbands birthday and didn't want fast food and wanted to try something different than our usual places ...very disappointed. Very little choice of food and what was there was tasteless. Cake so dry you couldn't even eat with a fork... Will not be back. Hostess was rude, server did keep my glass of tea full, which is the only good thing I can say.

3 Thank noopy
Easley, SC
“Good seafood”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I had just arrived in town from out of state and were looking for a place to have lunch. We saw the yellow signs on the side of the road and decided to give the steakhouse a try. We went with the buffet instead of ordering from the menu. The salad bar was really good and offered a lot of selections. For an entree I chose the fried chicken and my husband had the shrimp. He really enjoyed the shrimp. The wait staff was nice. The atmosphere was typical cafeteria. I noticed there were large rooms available for private parties. The price was reasonable for the buffet.
We went back on Saturday for a late lunch. Our son and daughter-in-law had just arrived from out of state and we thought this was a good place to go since there were so many choices. Our son and my husband ordered the seafood platter from the menu and really enjoyed the food. My daughter-in-law and I ordered the beef tips from the menu. They were tough. Neither one of us spoke up to send the food back. The beef tips wound up in a to go box for the dogs. I realize we didn't give anyone a chance to correct the problem. But, we were in town to visit someone in the nursing home and didn't have time to wait. That was a very expensive lunch. The next time we'll stick with the buffet.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Brenda O
Orlando
“Down Home cooking”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The buffet at Daniel's is excellent and inexpensive. Home cooked food like fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pork chops, salad bar, desserts. Great choice.

Visited September 2012
Hiawassee, Georgia
“mountain buffet and restaurant”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Excellent fried chicken, salad bar and deserts!! senior citizen discount. also full menu with steaks and seafood. large meeting rooms!

• Visited September 2012