“Convenient and fulfilling getaway”
Review of Lake Chatuge Lodge

Lake Chatuge Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
Atlanta
“Convenient and fulfilling getaway”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

My family and I were able to escape Atlanta for a long weekend and just went up to the Lake Chatuge Lodge to explore Hiawassee. We had a lot of fun hiking and just driving around on the mountain roads stopping to take pictures along the way. The Lodge was fantastic. Our 4-year old loved the view of the lake from the balcony. We had a comfortable room with a jacuzzi tub. The staff was accommodating and the price was right.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge. We are so convenient to Altanta, just a quick 2 hour drive, that we are the ideal spot for families wanting to get away from the "hustle & bustle" of the city. I hope you will come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Rome
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I've never had a bad experience in a hotel opereated by Ramada, but I've come to expect basic no frills accomodations.

This place far exceded what I expected.

Rates were reasonable. Staff was friendly and accomdating. Check in and check out was a quick and painless process. Breakfast area was large and there was a better than average selection of food items. We were there for an informal 20 year college reunion, and there was a very large room with TV, comfortable sofas, fire place, etc.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge. Our goal is to not only meet every guest's expectations but to exceed them as well. I am glad that we were able to do that for you. I hope you will come visit us again soon. I would recommend brining your family up for the Fair in July!
Prattville, AL
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I happened up on this hotel on the internet and had nothing to go on except the reviews....we are so glad we chose this Ramada! The service was great, the rooms clean and cozy, the view fantastic! We were fairly snowed in for 2 days during out stay, so we were very please that we were in such a comfortable place! My only suggestion for the hotel would be to add some light to the room. It was very dark when trying to read at night. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and plan to visit again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge. We have had a lot of snow this year! It even snowed several inches again yesterday. I agree that the views from the private balconies for the rooms is fanastic! I hope you will come back in the summer to enjoy it then as well.
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my older brother on a business trip in early October of '09 (last month, as of this writing).

My previous job involved a good bit of travel as factory field rep, so I've stayed in many different hotels. But this hotel was my first experience ever with being awakened by a LAWNMOWER RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW!!!!!

With both my brother and God as my witnesses, this really did happen (at around mid-morning at 8:30-9 am or so--we got in very late the night before)! I awoke incensed, did breakfast, and then immediately found the manager on duty (Ms Katie Polstra). BTW: their morning lobby breakfast was nothing to write home about, either.

When I approached her about the basic idea behind staying at a hotel was actually getting some undisturbed sleep, she was dismissive and did not offer anything to win us back as repeat guests. One could easily tell that she knew the hotel would have steady clientele just because of its location overlooking the lake (i.e., Lake Chatuge), and she did not need our business!

When I went back to the room to try to catch a few more hours of shuteye, it was difficult to fall asleep then because it was too easy to hear room service cleaning the adjacent rooms.

The view out the back side of the hotel (and the lobby) is really nice, overlooking the lake. But I suggest you visit the lobby, enjoy the view, and then stay overnight somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank theauhawk
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge on Trip Advisor. I apologize that the landscape company woke you up mid-morning. Our landscape company comes once a week during the summer and 1-2 times per month in the colder months. Since speaking with you during your visit, I have addressed with the landscape company for them to come later in the day so they will not awaken guests in the morning. We hope you will give us another chance and again apologize for your inconvenience.
aiken, sc
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Great place to stay, good location and friendly staff. Breakfast bar could have a few more items but decent. Wonderful view from our room!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for visiting with us at Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come and visit with us again soon!
Hartwell
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I had won tickets to the Ga. mountain fair and Plus it was my 50th Birthday. It was so relaxing and peaceful. We had a great view from our room baicony of the mountains and the lake. Great place to go to get away from the busy life.Our room was clean,the staff was great. Do need more hot food on the breakfast though.. We can't wait to get back. May be some shopping done this time!!!! And we also enjoyed the fair,it being our first time there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2009
Thank you for visiting with us at Ramada, The Lodge at Lake Chatuge. We hope you had a wonderful birthday while also enjoying the Fair! We hope you will come back for the Fall Festival in October. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
north_alabama
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Needed a room near Hiawassee and this fit the bill. The rooms were decent, basic Ramada , breakfast was limited. The lake view we had from our room was non existent and because of the trees I think it was unlikely any room would have a "great" view. The lodge and the rooms could use updating. But pretty good for $70 a night. It was quiet but it was sort of off season and during the week

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are in the process of updating and hope to have most renovations done within the next year including new bedding and flat screens in all rooms. Just let us know when you check in if you have a preference for breakfast and we will do our best to accomodate you. I look forward to having you come visit again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Ridges Resort & Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Young Harris

Been to Lake Chatuge Lodge? Share your experiences!