“Diamond in the rough.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Enota Mountain Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hiawassee
Enota Mountain Retreat
“Diamond in the rough.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently returned from a 3 night stay in our RV. The location is beautiful and serene. Most of the rv sites are along a small babbling brook that is very relaxing to listen too but it pretty much stops there. There was no cell service. Internet at the lodge only. No cable. (I didn't care about that but it should have been included for the price). We visited the "organic weed garden" only a few rotten tomatoes spotted. And the poor animals. The cages were rotting and the turkey looked like he had been in a machete fight. We hiked to the observation deck for the waterfall and it looked like it was about 2" big in the distance. The hike to it was straight up on a slick dirt path. You are charged for every little thing. A pet, an extra guest, overpriced wood for the fire. That is fine but put the money into the place and fix it up. It is a very beautiful run down piece of property.
If the right person or group would own it, it would flourish. It's a great concept. If you just want a quiet weekend away to sit by a stream and chill, this is for you.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Turner453

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Alpharetta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been family camping here for years. I took troop of 25 boys ranging in age from 12 to 17 camping in August. It rained most of the weekend but the owner took time to come by and make sure we had everything we needed including use of the lodge for our Sunday morning worship service. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly with a farm tour and offer of a bonfire and even stopped by the campsite several times to make sure we didn't need anything. Even with rain, we were able to enjoy the hike to the waterfall and exploring the creeks and playground area. Sure, some things are not available like cell phone sevice but there was free Wi-Fi at the lodge, which offers breakfast if you are not up for cooking in the morning. Some amenities may not be brand new so if your looking for a Waldorf hotel, go to the city. If you want to camp in the north Ga mountains, go to Enota.

Oxford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been camping here since, they have opened at least once a year. I feel like Dr. Swan has done a wonderful job keeping this place in its natural state. It is a unique place to go where you can just forget about the outside world. This is the best campground to go to if you want to hear running water by your campsite and forget about the pressures of your life. I really enjoyed my stay last weekend. Thanks for keeping it picture perfect all these years.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I read all the reviews prior to my trip last weekend to camp at Enota, based on recent reviews I truly expected more. Full hook up cost ~ 40 a night, but amenities are misleading. It is worth about 20 a night. Why? The camp spots are tight, some with concrete slabs, however, backing on to the slab can be challenge. There is no cell/mobile service, cable, nor will you obtain an air signal. This wasn't the deal breaker, but a challenge for a long rain filled weekend. The accommodations are old and need much love/repair. Lots of insects given standing water especially around the garbage facilities. Ferrel cats hang out in the dumpsters and when they jump out, let's just say I hope your heart is up to the challenge. Having said heart, this campground is not handicap friendly, there are some ramps, but the wood looks poorly maintained, good luck with a walker, cane or wheel chair. Lastly, the roads in and out have many potholes which is tough to maneuver when towing. Again, in my opinion and experience, this campground is not reflective of the good reviews read.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank Lee S
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was at home having severe headaches over everyday life in the rat race. It was suggested I go to the mountains, and just get away to Enota Mountain Retreat. This was the best thing I could have done. The Bear's Den cabin was great a small grill out side that I used to cook the fresh fish I caught, next I went to an organic garden for fresh vegetables. The service was great, the retreat was nice and clean, I met super nice people from all over the country. What was most important to me I was surrounded by beautiful nature. Thank You ENOTA MOUNTAIN RETREAT for giving me ( PEACE ON EARTH ) Look for me back soon and I'm bringing lots of friends. R.L. White

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
      Rooms
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is our second trip to Enota from Augusta with our little dog Molly who just loves it here. We stayed in the Bear Cabin again. It has all the accommodations of home for those of us who have passed the age of ground camping, raining coming in the flaps, and sleeping on rocks and roots! Instead I had the smells and feel of an old log cabin, but with a private hot shower, queen size bed, air conditioner (to lower humidity), and a sofa and porch to relax. I noted that a number of repairs had been made to the campgrounds, new wood on picnik tables, the floors in Bear cabin had been stripped and redone, etc. We and the little dog had a grand time walking the creeks, watching the campfire at night while sipping coffee and eating great pastries from the German bakery in Helen. We will be back! And it has Molly's 5 Paw Review.

Room Tip: The Bear cabin is great for two people (1 queen bed) for truly pioneer log-cabin feel but with priva...