“The Blue Otter will give you the Blues -- Don't waste your time!”

The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I wanted to plan a fun evening for some out of town guests. The Blue Otter is perhaps the only restaurant accessible by boat in Hiawassee, GA. I went to the restaurant at 10:30 in the morning, July 3, to make a reservation for that evening. They took the reservation, yet when we arrived, they had no table ready and we had to wait about 20 minutes. We were seated outside and did not realize it was "open mic night" where amature children were singing -- loudly and badly. One was screeching. When our food arrived - almost 30 minutes after we ad ordered -- it was terrible. I ordered their nightly special -- Fried Clam Po' Boy. The only thing accurate in the description was that is was indeed Po. (poor). The clams -- all 15 of them -- were hard a s a rock and looked as if the had been fried several days ago and then re fried. My wife ordered a fish taco which was equally poor in quality. Our guests were polite, but their food was disappointing as well. Needless to say, we won't be returning to The Blue Otter

3  Thank YYZ2HHI

Reviewed June 30, 2014

No I don't have a lot to say about this place. Service was not good, and the food was just ok will not go again.

1  Thank Gtaz
Reviewed June 23, 2014

If you are in Hiawassee, look up the barbecue joint on the main highway through town. You'll get a better deal on better food. The resort and this, its restaurant, provide an adequate but uninspiring experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I had a seat on the porch. Beautiful view, excellent service, fantastic food. Couldn't ask for a better ending to a beautiful summer day. We recommend their pizza - out of this world great.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I'm not even going to sugar coat the truth! I went with friends the Friday before Father's day. Excellent service and excellant pizza! I talked about how fantastic things are there and decided to take my husband for Father's day! We were promptly seated, then began our 30 minute wait. Firstly, the HOSTESS brought us our drinks. We waited, and waited... Never once did the 3 waitresses that continuously walked past us even greet us!! So another 5 minutes passes before I asked the hostess if someone would seat us, and she informed us that the kitchen was on a 45 minute WAIT?! What? It was an interesting fact considering that there was many available tables and people waiting around in hopes to be seated! I promptly got up, after waiting for 45 MINUTES...and proceeded to leave as I was met with a young manager. I let him know that the lack of attention on behalf of his service staff was unacceptable! He apologized yet never offered to recify the issue. As a local, I'm surprised and disappointed in the disconcernment on behalf of the managerial staff and hopefully they can eventually pull it together BEFORE the summer ends.

1  Thank Ashley D