“Great wings, great management!”

The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were in town last weekend for the GA State HOG Rally. We were told you had good food and a live band. The restaurant was packed. We were seated by LaShea, who told us she was the manager and would be helping out since the servers were busy. We ordered the hot wings, fries, and fried mushrooms. Best wings I've had in a long time! Big, juicy, cooked to perfection, and awesome flavor! LaShea is a gem. She ended up taking care of us the whole time. Great personality and wonderful service! The only "downside" to our experience was not being greeted by any staff member as we waited for the hostess. We almost left. (I told LaShea.) Other than that - great atmosphere, great food, great staff. We'll be back - and we recommended the restaurant to several others on Saturday!!

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I first want to apologize for the reception you received as it is not our standard of service. I am glad LaShea was able to turn things around and you enjoyed the rest of your experience. Thank you for sending others our way!!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Eat there often. Food is always good. Like the Rueben the best. Thank you to Brenda, Sheena, Amy, and several others for always making my visit pleasant. Drew is a great bartender too!

1  Thank HDH1970
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for being a frequent diner!! I appreciate the time it took to write your review. Thank you for the kind words and I will pass them on to the staff!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am new to the area and have passed by The Blue Otter on beautiful Lake Chatuge many times and have wanted to try it out. Tonight I went for the first time for a take-out dinner experience. The menu offers a variety of choices at a fair price. I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap, with cole slaw for my side. The location of the restaurant is scenic, and the inside is clean and well-styled. The meal was flavored well, and the cole slaw tasted fresh and wasn't runny like many restaurants.Two minor complaints that negatively affected my experience: 1) The meal was a little cooler temperature-wise upon pick-up than I would have preferred 2) The blue cheese dip was not put in with my wrap. Otherwise, I am satisfied customer and will return to The Blue Otter in the future to dine.

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Grant,
Welcome to the area! Thanks for trying us out. Your kind words are well received. I appreciate the compliments. I will address the two concerns you had. I am not sure about the temperature issue because that can depend on a lot of factors, but you should have gotten your blue cheese dip. I appreciate your business and look forward to having you dine with us again.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well being on beautiful Lake Chatuge I expected much better. To start I ordered a Pina Colada...they don't have them...no Pina Coladas on the Lake! So I ordered a Lemon Drop, it arrived sloppy, all of the sugar on the rim was gone, slid down the side of the glass so my hand was very sticky, and not very chilled. I ordered the chicken wings, not much better than pizza hut..yuk and the celery was rotten! I took the celery to the kitchen manager and he was a young amateur with no skills on dealing with customers or running a kitchen! The menu does not fit with a restaurant on the lake, no shrimp to speak of and nothing really special, no steaks or seafood. Such a beautiful location with a lousy menu and subpar food I think they have no business being in the restaurant business if this is the best they can do! Don't waste your money!

Thank you for dining with us. Unfortunately I think you came expecting a fine dining establishment. Nowhere on any of our advertisements, signs, or social media sites do we claim to be a fine dining venue. Quite the opposite we advertise being a family friendly sports bar. Our menu reflects that as it is a great place to come get some great comfort food like burgers, wings pizzas and the like. If you wanted fine dining on the lake we have The Oaks Dining Room near the lodge. Based upon your other reviews it seems you do not care for any of the dining outlets you reviewed which tend to be rated high in the area on Tripadvisor. As far as your remarks about our menu and our not having any business being a restaurant I take offense to that. We work very hard to create a great environment with great food and great people. Our guests like the atmosphere and food we have. I am sorry if you did not enjoy The Blue Otter, but unless you understand the type of restaurant you are dining in maybe you do not have any business writing reviews??

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The service was friendly. The drinks were delicious. Wardrobe is casual. The view of the harbor is to die for. Even our Chihuahua loved the atmosphere. The gelato is yummy. Definitely recommend the outdoor seating.

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you and the rest of your party including the Chihuahua enjoyed your visit. I do hope you will dine with us again next time you are in the area.

Sincerely