“Just amazing !”
Review of The Oaks - CLOSED

The Oaks
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Albany, Georgia
“Just amazing !”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to the oaks while in Helen for SOWO the car show. We had been planning for months to go and when we got there it was amazing. There were beautiful flowers on our table. Our waitress Carrie, was so sweet and extremely helpful! The food was delicious and well worth the price! Afterwards we went for a walk around the lake, halfway around my boyfriend proposed to me, and I of course said yes! When we went back into the restaurant we were congratulated by everyone there and received a complimentary dessert! Come to find out my now fiancée had called ahead and gotten the flowers placed on the table, the manager Heath was so helpful in helping him make the engagement the most magical day ever! Recommend everyone should go there!

1 Thank Marley L

Young Harris, Georgia
“Fabulous Mother's Day Brunch”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband surprised me with reservations for Brunch at The Oaks on Mother's Day. We live in the area and have dined there before; it's always been great. Sunday's brunch was outstanding! The food was exquisite and the service couldn't be beat. We chose to eat outside on the patio because it was an especially beautiful spring morning. The menu, an all you can eat buffet, had items to please even the most discriminating tastes ~ something for everyone. We started with a bottle of champagne and ate our way through the lineup (I especially loved the smoked peel and eat shrimp-no cocktail sauce needed). We never felt rushed and really enjoyed spending our time appreciating the spectacular views and beautiful grounds of the resort. Special thanks to Tommy, the manager, and Debra, our server. They were both extremely personable and we loved talking with them. Can't wait to go back... Maybe I should make reservations for Father's day!!!

1 Thank Karen B
Blairsville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Dining on a beautiful lake”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have dined here many times and have always had good experiences. Last night was especially good because of the exceptional service and attention by Amanda. The new manager Tommy also gave us his attention.
The food is always fresh, creative and perfectly prepared and presented. We come early because we know it gets much busier later in the evening.
They have lots of interesting specials and the service is usually great. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Richard L
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Awesome dinner experience!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

From the moment I called to place the reservation, through leaving for the night, we felt very welcome and well attended. The service was superb, and the food surpassed superb. We ordered the mussels for appetizer, then the pork chop and seafood pasta. The margaritas were great, followed by vanilla Creme Brûlée. We sat and dined for 2 hours. The atmosphere was relaxing. On a more warm night, next time we will sit on the patio and look over Lake Chatuge, and yes, there will be a next time!!!!

Hiawassee, Georgia
“Great service”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Tommy greeted us and made us feel welcome. Alex provided great service with a smile. food was awesome