“Yes, Just Average, Just Barely”
Review of The Oaks - CLOSED

The Oaks
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Yes, Just Average, Just Barely”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Ignored by wait staff, service non existent. To make matters worse, our waiter stood and talked with friends while we sat. Appetizer cheese tray was the best thing we were served. Trout was fresh and tasty, but the relish or salsa on top was lousy. The unidentified veggies (apples, eggplant etc.) was sad. Waste of money.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Barry M

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our belated honeymoon where we stayed at The Ridges Resort and Marina. We had our 'special dinner' at the Oaks Restaurant there on site, let me tell you...it was the most AMAZING dinner! The food was AWESOME, everything piping hot and the meats exactly how we ordered, everything PERFECT ever down to the desserts! The wait staff could not have been more attentive to our needs! The did not know what we were celebrating until we ordered our desserts, so when we were done with our meal and ready to pay, the gave us a bottle of wine...ON THE HOUSE to take back to our room. You can bet that we will definitely be back and not just to celebrate a special occasion! Thanks to all at The Oaks Restaurant for a truly amazing meal and experience!!!

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not so Gourmet...”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Husband and I visiting North Ga area for our 4th anniversary and researched several restaurants in the area to find anywhere that served edible food. This place came highly recommended on several travel websites, so we thought we would give it a try. After approximately 45 min of driving we arrive. We arrived around 3/4pm and the restaurant was virtually empty, except a few "stragglers" at the bar. We were seated right away and proceeded to wait anywhere from 8-12min for each task the waitress needed to execute; 8-12min for water, 8-12 min for tea and the needed condiments, etc. A bit annoying when you've been driving all day, you've tried to save your appetite, and you arrive at an empty restaurant to receive delayed service. My salad arrived with multiple pieces of wilted kale, which I just placed on the side because I couldn't take another 8-12min to get the food right! When our food finally came, it came luke warm! I ordered the shrimp and grits, pretty good as far as flavor but a very small portion considering the large plate they served it on! My husband had the salmon and he hated it! He said it had no flavor, it was luke warm and it was too fishy! We sent it back and decided to end our dining experience there. The waitress, I forget her name now, tried to make amends by offering their subpar tiramisu, but I was too through! Never going to eat here again. Unfortunately, I can't even complement the cleanliness of the restaurant...just a very poor experience.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank C P
alicia j, Owner at The Oaks, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I have reviewed the security tapes and spoke with my F&B Director and we never open The Oaks before 5:00pm. You state you were at The Oaks between 3/4PM and our records reflect that you were in fact "Not There".. We are not permitted to serve before our published hours in Towns County Ga and would appreciate deleting the review.

Mitchell E. Jones
Alicia Jones
Owners
“Excellent Service, Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited The Oaks during the Harley Davidson rally, September 14 and the staff were the friendliest and most professional people out of all the restaurants in the area. Best food in the area. We will return! Great dining experience !!!!

• Visited September 2013
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“We liked it in spite of several negative reviews”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food here was very good and service was just as good. I cannot understand the negative reviews but we dine and travel allot and this place was definitely on the upper side of good. The outdoor seating is beautiful as it overlooks Lake Chatuge. We both felt the prices were very reasonable and our check was reduced 10% since we are staying at the companion hotel, The Ridges. We are here for a few days and will go back for dinner each of those days.

Visited September 2013