“We liked it in spite of several negative reviews” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oaks - CLOSED

The Oaks
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Oaks offers a fine dining experience with a seasonally influenced dinner menu, including fine steaks, prime rib, chicken, and fresh seafood selections. Beautiful presentations of fresh food, simply prepared, coupled with an attentive staff, makes The Oaks the perfect choice for intimate dining or entertaining. Enjoy casual elegance in a stately paneled dining room or cocktails on our lakefront terrace amidst beautiful surroundings.
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“We liked it in spite of several negative reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food here was very good and service was just as good. I cannot understand the negative reviews but we dine and travel allot and this place was definitely on the upper side of good. The outdoor seating is beautiful as it overlooks Lake Chatuge. We both felt the prices were very reasonable and our check was reduced 10% since we are staying at the companion hotel, The Ridges. We are here for a few days and will go back for dinner each of those days.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank onceinawhile31

Hiawassee, Georgia
“Local Fave with Flave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Oaks Restaurant at Ridges Resort and Marina is tops. We visit regularly, as it's a bonus that we can arrive by boat on the beautiful Lake Chatuge. Just take a look at the entrees I've posted with this review. We love the outdoor patio dining, but inside is great, too.

The variety of their menu makes it amazing that all of their entrees are fabulous.

Chef and all of his staff take a lot of pride in their offerings AND their service level.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating our 22 wedding anniversary in Helen, we decided to try the Oaks for dinner. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I've had in my 50 years of life. The service and food was excellent. We will be back next time we are up that way.

• Visited August 2013
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Wonderful meal & dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

A friend and I did movie & a dinner night and decided to give The Oaks our business. The food was outstanding - perfectly cooked mountain trout with the best ever corn souffle. The service was excellent and the manager checked on us several times to see that everything was to our liking -- he even recommended our desserts and he did not lead us wrong -- the best creme brule I've had in a long time and my friend's cheese cake was beyond expectation. The bread that we started with was fresh, tasty and a good complement to our meals. GOOD JOB ALL WHO SERVED US! I will highly recommend this restaurant to my friends.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Empty at Dinner.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We should have known when the huge restaurant was practically empty that there was a reason.
Cold old biscuits, bottled salad dressing, mediocre food and it was very overpriced. Waffle House is better.

• Visited July 2013