“Great Service”

Chophouse of Hiawassee
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in Spring 2017. The Chophouse of Hiawassee will be closed beginning on January 2nd for renovations. Chef James will be introducing his new concept "Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House" sometime in early spring. This will be his 4th such restaurant with the other locations being in Clarkesville, Commerce and lake Burton, Georgia. The renovations will include a redesign of the dining room and kitchen areas, covering the front lakeview patio and building a new smokehouse. Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is known for it's authentic BBQ and the freshest catfish available. We look forward to welcoming you to the new restaurant this spring!
Jefferson, Georgia
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were there for lunch and it was very tasty. The burger was cooked just as I had ordered and my husband had chicken quesadillas and they were good and a generous portion.
Our waiter was extremely nice but not bothersome.
The view is also nice and there are tables for outdoor dining.

Cherry Log, GA
“Early dinner at the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped in for an early dinner. The food was good, but not outstanding. The service was very good. The view of the lake was a nice plus.

• Visited July 2013
“Best restaurant in Hiawasee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food was amazing ! Very creative and delicious ! Loved the foccacia bread in the beginning and our server was very attentive! Would go back everyday if we could !

Atlanta
“Great views, service, and a tasty meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I often dine alone and usually I wind up in the back of the restaurant - with a mediocre view. Now here at the Chop House I was treated with aplomb. Great mountain-water views were a nice treat. My waitress was super courteous and attentive. I have food allergies and she helped improvise. The blue cheese wedge salad was huge and LOTS of well cured bacon and blue cheese. This is just what I was hoping for. I got the macadamia chicken and it was juicy and good. Perhaps a bit too many flavors on the plate for me - and would have preferred local pecans over the nuts. But overall I was impressed.

This is in a mountain resort area and the clientele showed that. I would definitely come back.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not All It's "Chopped" Up To Be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

5:30 - Arrived with my wife at time of reservation and promptly seated, as requested, in a window booth.
5:45 - Finally greeted by server after 15 min wait. Polite, but no apology for the wait. We ordered everything at this point.
6:00 - Bread arrived. At this point I was concerned about the pace of things and we had a movie to catch in 45 min, so I explained this to our server and asked if he could go ahead and bring our salads.
6:05 - Salads arrived.
6:10 - Entrees arrived. Apparently they only have 2 speeds - crawl and sprint!