“You've got to try this place”
Review of Chophouse of Hiawassee - CLOSED

Chophouse of Hiawassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in Spring 2017. The Chophouse of Hiawassee will be closed beginning on January 2nd for renovations. Chef James will be introducing his new concept "Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House" sometime in early spring. This will be his 4th such restaurant with the other locations being in Clarkesville, Commerce and lake Burton, Georgia. The renovations will include a redesign of the dining room and kitchen areas, covering the front lakeview patio and building a new smokehouse. Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is known for it's authentic BBQ and the freshest catfish available. We look forward to welcoming you to the new restaurant this spring!
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had dinner there on a Wednesday night and got the 2 dinners for $30 special. We both had prime rib and added a lobster tail. The prime rib was cooked just the way we ordered it and was very tender. The lobster tail was not overcooked and had a great flavor. The salads and dessert were also very good. Our server was Heather and she was very attentive and did a wonderful job. I was very impressed with the restaurant. This was a great dining experience.

2  Thank gagirl909

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am not a huge meat eater so take that in to consideration. Found interior old, dated, and musty. Server was attentative and white cloth table was impeccably set. Perhaps eating on the terrace would add enough ambience to outway 'just ok' food for the price.

1  Thank Wannabefarmgirl
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Friendly service, but very slow. After a long wait for 2 chicken grinders and fries it all came out COLD. We have eaten here many times but today left a poor impression and we won't be back any time soon.

1  Thank Grace D
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I live in Hiawassee and The Chop House is my "go to" for lunches. Prices are reasonable and servings are ample(not gargantuan like another restaurant in the area). It is also the best restaurant in the area for the view of the lake and the mountains. My favorite sandwich is the BLT with avocado. My favorite soup is the Crab Bisque. My favorite sals is the Berry Salad.

1  Thank hiawassee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Although it was a holiday weekend, we were served quickly and pleasantly. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. I had the Double Cut Chop which was tender and tasty. Our
server was attentive and pleasant. We travel to this area approx. 3 times yearly and will make this a stop on each trip.