“Some of the best BBQ”
Review of The Happy Hawg BBQ

The Happy Hawg BBQ
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Defiantly Like Nobody else! We pull to order,then it's hand chopped! Freshness you can taste! Smoked Pork,Chicken,Turkey and Ribs! "Where the locals eat" Come See Us! We are located 1/2 Mile west of the North Georgia Fairgrounds. On the right. Heading west towards Young Harris. Seating is limited! Summer Hours: Wednesday--Saturday. 11:00 Am--7:00 Pm Sunday. 11:00 Am--3:00 pm
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We eat pork occasionally you won't be disappointed, small but packs a big punch.
Eat in or dine outside or take it with you. The smoked Turkey sandwiches are delicious,
fried corn good. You want to try the pork ribs. Don't pass them by if you want BBQ

7  Thank Helen W

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stop here EVERY time we are in Hiawassee. The food is so good and the people are wonderful. You can not beat the BBQ but try out the loaded baked potato (it is a full meal) and the hot dogs are soooooo good. Ready to go back again!

6  Thank Granny30252
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We are BBQ lovers. We saw this on Trip Advisor so decided to stop, and the reviews are spot on. It's a small house, very casual - order at the counter and they bring it out to you. The servings are not overwhelming (which is perfect for me). My husband is 6' 9" and did not fill up. We both got the chopped pork, and it was moist and delicious. Some chopped BBQ can be very dry. The rolls were soft with garlic butter, and the vegies were great. I got the fried corn and cole slaw. Cole slaw was the drier kind if that's what you like. BBQ Sauce choices included NC style, sweet (GA style), and others. Small place so plan to share your table!

7  Thank acofarrell
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I admit I heard about this place on Trip Advisor. We were passing through last week and I insisted we skip our usual stop at a heavy southern food cafe for this small restaurant. It was a good move. I love BBQ but I try to watch my fat and calorie intake too. We both ordered the chopped pork sandwich. It came with a heaping portion of meat - not grasy and not smothered with someone else's choice of sauce. The meat was lean and tasty. We had our choice of a vinegar sauce, a tangy mustard sauce, hot BBQ sauce or a mild and sweet sauce. My husband ordered the beans with his and liked them as well. The place was packed and we could understand why. But the staff moved orders through efficiently and kept everyone happy!

6  Thank Pittipats
Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you like real good BBQ, Happy Hawg is for you! Great pork and chicken BBQ sandwhiches and sides. Going to have the ribs on the next visit. Feel sure they will have to expand the space once everyone tastes how good it is. Great service, and great prices! You will not be disappointed. Should you have unexpected company, this is the place to go. They have take out orders. It saved me out of a jam when suprised guest came for lunch and I didn't have anything prepared! Just made a call to the Happy Hawg, and lunch was served in thirty minutes! The guest loved it! Made my day!

5  Thank Patricia Mary H