“Our favorite stop after a day on the lake...”

Georgia Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Family-style southern food buffet (think fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fried okra, salad bar, peach cobbler - you get the picture...) that's hot & ready, just like we are when we come off the lake. Come as you are! The service is as sweet as the tea & so is the price. It's a family favorite!

1  Thank Tx10sGal

Reviewed June 20, 2013

While up in Hiawassee, Georgia enjoying the cool mountain air, I'm from west central Florida, I came across a little mom and pop restaurant who's parking lot was full of cars and pick up trucks. I tend to rely on the locals to pick my spot when out of town. I was greeted by the hostess and was told to pick my seat. I was a bit hungry since it was 2:30 p.m and decided on the buffet, fried chicken, pork chops we're the main choices with all the fix'ins.....The batter fried chicken was great, the pork chop was the thin cut and was a little tuff, I went for seconds on the chicken. The décor was dated but clean......I will visit again.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is just a good little hole in the wall place - great for breakfast. It's certainly nothing special to look at but the food is pretty good.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped for breakfast while in the north Georgia mountains, and were amazed at how good the breakfast buffet was. Lots to choose from, including locally made sausage, country fried steak, biscuits and gravy. They were very busy, mostly with locals (so we knew we were in a good restaurant). Well definitely be going back for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Me and my husband were sitting in a booth and I noticed 2 cockroaches. One crawling up the wall and one behind my husband's back on the back of his booth. Needless to say we left will never go back

3  Thank Cassymae