“Wonderful family retreat on the lake” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ridges Resort & Marina

Ridges Resort & Marina
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Hiawassee
Statesboro, GA
“Wonderful family retreat on the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day visit to the Ridges. As stated in other reviews I am not sure who is writing the negative reviews because we loved this place. I have pretty high standards and for a lake/lodge retreat this is what I would have expected. We had a 1st floor lake facing room at the lodge. It had a nice little balcony with chairs which you can walk right down to the pier from. The double beds were smaller than I am used to so we called the front desk looking for a roll away bed. They did not have any. We went out to the marina and to walk around the property and were surprised when back at the room there was a rollaway bed. The front desk found one for us which I really appreciated. I found this a great family retreat. They had lawn activities for the kids, a large pier to fish from, a small salt water pool and a wonderful marina. We found the boat rentals affordable (less than other places we have been) and Lake Chatuge is a fun lake to ride around. We had a pontoon boat. The next day we rented a jet ski and that was fun too. The complimentary afternoon fresh baked cookies and evening smores were a great hit with the kids! What is nice is they keep baking so they never run out :) We will be back in the future for more fun at the Ridges.

Room Tip: We liked the lake facing 1st floor room. You can just walk to the lawn and down to the water from i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for bringing your family to stay with us. It was and is a pleasure to read a review that lets me know our staff is doing the right thing to take care of our guests. We take pride in all that we do. Thank you also for mentioning the marina. That is a unique part of our offering. I look forward to welcoming you again to The Ridges Resort & Marina in the near future.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Considering its location on a main highway and with so much to do around there, it was very quiet inside and out. Pleasant grounds upon which to walk. Convenient marina and restaurants. Clean spacious room (but with way too many pillows and a comforter designed for the coldest winter). Air conditioning kept the room very comfortable, which we often find to be a problem especially at night. Definitely pay the extra for a room with a lake view (as opposed to the pool/parking lot). We were downstairs, and it was still nice. The front desk staff was great, the best! We had expected more/better in the way of the included breakfast at this type of establishment, but it was just average. Get this as a Groupon if you can!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
alicia j, General Manager at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy the grounds as well as the lodge itself. I am also glad you got the service we are striving to provide from our staff. As far as the breakfast, It is a true continental breakfast. All of the bakery items are made fresh by our in house pastry chef. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sincerely
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

5 Star Quality at 4 Star Price. All the positive reviews accurately depict the resort and the negatives exagerate small details which might not be perfect. Enjoyable property right on the coast of Lake Chatuge with beautiful mountain views. The most incredible part of this property is you are right next to a marina where you can rent all kinds of water craft and sports making it like you have a lake home. Resort offers all kinds of amenties which make is special - all day coffee service, cookies, smoors, extensive continental breakfast. The Oaks restaurant is really good for a "non-city" establishment; food was of a high quality. Pool is in need of overhaul/deep cleaning and rooms are high qualiy but also could use a deep cleaning to get them to a true 5 star standard (Ritz/Four Season/St. Regis). Staff had all kinds of tips for local activities.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room facing lake; worth the extra $. Ground floor limited privacy and non-lake view looki...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BJAJDA
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate all of the kind words! My husband and I as well as the staff take pride in both the property itself and the level of service we provide. Our pool was recently renovated but the wrong color tiles and finish was applied making it appear older than it is. We are going to have it re-done this winter when the swimming season is over. I and the staff look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Sincerely
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We came to the ridges and had a nice stay. The room was clean. I loved the lodge community rooms for relaxing by the fire and reading a book. It was nice to cut off from the real world. Room with a Lakeside view is a MUST!!!!!! We never used our oaks vouchers a little high prices for my taste, wish the blue otter was open when we were there! Although the staff was friendly I wish they had been able to offer more local knowledge, ie trails, restaurants etc... We did go to two different front desk personnel for these questions and no local knowledge was provided. I understand they aren't travel guides etc.... But as a local I'd think you could have some awesome suggestions regarding things to do outside the lodge. The continental breakfast was less then expected, I'd recommend the chef come up with some hot self serve items, ie biscuits and gravy in a crock pot? I saw this at a cheap hotel on our way to hiawasse and was impressed by it. My favorite part was the self serve hot chocolate at night while curled up with a book.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
alicia j, Owner at Ridges Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I would like to take a few lines to address some of your concerns. We have multiple information sheets available at the front desk for local attractions. I am a little concerned that our agents were not able to provide the information you sought. I will address this and find out why. The Oaks is a fine dining restaurant featuring organic, locally sourced food items as well as new twists on old favorites. The menu is fairly priced for the type of food, service and atmosphere it provides. I am assuming that this review is coming at a later time than your stay since The Blue Otter was not open. We opened it Memorial Day weekend. It is open 7 days a week from 11am until at least 10pm. Next time you stay with us I highly recommend trying it for a more casual dining experience. I think the greatest thing people get confused by is our continental breakfast. Our continental is a true continental featuring cereals, breads, fruits, breakfast beverages and other such items. We offer this as a service to our guests as we are not set up for a full fledged breakfast in the lodge. I envy you being able to curl up in the lobby with a hot chocolate and a good book. I myself do that when I can!!

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just had a last minute get away to northern Georgia. Didn't know where to go and we landed at the Ridges. They were extremely accommodating, fair price for the room, beautiful setting. We had dinner at their restaurant and were treated like family. I can't say enough about the service provided by Vicki. She took care of us like we had stayed there 50 times before.

Highly recommend a stay at Ridges Resort if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris K
Thanks for landing at The Ridges Resort! It is always great to read that our staff is providing the service we want to provide while at the same time treating our guests like family. I look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you have a last minute getaway.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Another amazing stay at the resort! We were here earlier in the year and enjoyed our vacation so much that we returned with the kids this time. The Oaks and our server Liz were impeccable and Vicki at the front desk is always accommodating. We have already booked again for the fall, and can't wait for another great week!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your continues patronage is greatly appreciated as well as your wonderful review. We always strive to make sure our guests want to make us their destination of choice when in the area. I am glad your children were able to come as well! I will let Liz and Vickie know of your kind words. We look forward to your return in the Fall.

Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent two nights at the Ridges and had a great time. Beautiful setting and beautiful hotel! Vicki and everyone was so nice and helpful. We will be back! The lake is wonderful. There is lots to do in the area. A visit to gallery at John Campbell folk school is a must! Blue mountain coffee and grill is a great place when there.

Room Tip: Have lunch at the Blue Otter!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy the area as well as enjoy the property itself. I will pass your kind words on to Vickie and the rest of the staff!

Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Young Harris
Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee

Been to Ridges Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!