“Michaelee'sChocolate Caffe, an absolute must!”
Review of Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe - CLOSED

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Michaelee'sChocolate Caffe, an absolute must!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I first heard about Michaelee's when I was on the set of Clint Eastwood's "Trouble With The Curve" filming in N. GA. The guy behind in on the set was talking about this absolutely mouth watering dining entrees. I turned around and asked about where this place was and he said downtown Hiawassee. Turns out, he and his dad are the chef's there. I told him about a friend of mine who with his cousins own a 4 star restaurant in Panama City Beach, FL called Captain Anderson's. Jimmy says you can judge a restaurant by the condiments on the table if they are brand name, they probably aren't cutting corners in the kitchen.
Lenny responded, if you have to put a condiment on a dinner I serve you, I haven't done my job right to begin with. HE WAS RIGHT!
Every meal I have ever eaten there, and there have been many times now, doesn't need a thing! You will enjoy it all, yes ALL!
Leave room for some of the home made chocolate desserts also, they are so rich and delicate, they melt in your mouth. Take an extra one home for later.
Michaelee's is in a class by itself in N. GA. Enjoy your meal, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rivers B

Florida
“Wonderful, except bring your own wine!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

A truly delightful, predominantly French cuisine, restaurant. The chef is a CIA grad! Don't be put off by the name, there are wonderful chocolate desserts and the food is superbly prepared in the traditional manner and the servings generous--too much to eat and a shame to waste if you are traveling. There are only about twelve tables inside and six on a patio out front, so definitely make a reservation. The only downside is a very small and mediocre wine selection--the servers say one of the usual varietals without discussing the vineyard names and there is no wine list. On the upside this means you are welcome to bring your own wine if you are particular. If you are a foodie don't miss this gem of a restaurant. RGinTally

Visited April 2013
Hayesville, North Carolina
“Love Michaelee's!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I almost always order the Blackened Shrimp Chocolate Wrap but have enjoyed everything I've ordered. On a recent trip, the Monte Cristo brunch sandwich was a great balance between sweet and savory. For strictly sweet, you can't go wrong any of the options but I especially love their salted caramel offerings.

Hiawassee, Georgia
“Chocolate Wraps - A Must Try!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I know... it sounds questionable, but try it at least once! I tried the steak one and it was so delicious with tender steak and an explosion of sweet from the chocolate wrap and a hint of spicy as well! Of course the salads are always good - never have I had an unripe tomato here. We split the wrap to give it a try and had good ole pasta for the main - every pasta dish they have is excellent. It's getting warm enough (raining today) that you can sit outside and enjoy some mountain views and fresh air - not enough traffic on our main roads to interfere with the country mountain air! Save room for dessert - they're all great!!! I take my friends here, but I also take clients because nothing has ever been bad here - the food or the experience!!

1 Thank MaryLynnMcKenzie
Greer, South Carolina
“A wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We read reviews & got local residents opinions, and our dinner was beyond excellent. I had a chichen picatta dish & my wife had a spicy bow tie pasta with sausage, peppers & onions that was awesome. We also bought a pound of double dutch choclate fudge with sea salt sprinkles that may the best fudge we have ever had.