“Good lunch stop”
Review of Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe - CLOSED

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had lunch here after reading other reviews. We ordered a coffee drink, which was yummy, though not as hot as it should have been. My husband and I both had panninis which were good, though not worthy of excellent. The service was excellent and the place packed on a Saturday afternoon. I expected a LOT of chocolate which I didn't see. They do have a few lunch selections in a chocolate wrap but I wasn't that adventurous. We shared a chocolate truffle for dessert that was good, but again, not outstanding.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stumbled across this caffe during our eight night stay in Hiawassee but so wish we had of discovered this earlier as we would have had many meals there. We were originally just going to have some coffee and cake but when we saw the lunch menu we relented and ordered paninis and cakes as well. The food was delicious, fresh and with a great modern twist. One of the best we had been to during our whole stay in Georgia.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Living in the area, I not only like to eat here but also like to bring out-of-town friends since the food is always so predictably good! It's guaranteed to bring on the "raves"! There's a nice variety to the menu, all well prepared, refined and tasty. And the prices are reasonable, especially considering the quality. Today I had a grilled chicken wrap...with a twist. The wrap was a flour tortilla made with cocoa powder added. It wasn't sweet like one would expect when you hear "chocolate" -- rather it had an almost herbaceous taste -- very interesting and quite a compliment to the chicken/applewood bacon within. Try this restaurant any time you're even close to Hiawassee -- you won't be disappointed -- promise!!

1  Thank FireflyTwoToo_12
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food here is wonderful. We make sure we eat here everytime we are in the area which is 2 to 3 times a year. It is relaxing and the food is first rate. The service is really good too!

2  Thank TLP60
Reviewed November 15, 2012

On the recommendations of the postings on trip advisor I ate here on a recent weekend trip to the mountains! It was so good the first day that I went back the second day for lunch as well. Both days for lunch I had their blackened shrimp chocolate wrap. It was to die for!! The chocolate in the wrap was so subtle that it perfectly complimented the blackened shrimp. The chocolate was not overwhelming at all! As a side item I had their shrimp bisque one day and their lobster bisque the next. Both were excellent. Their desserts looked amazing, however I was too full after my lunch to try them. Friends that I was with had their panni's and that all said they were wonderful. Some folks at a table near us ordered salads and they were the biggest salads I've ever seen. If you are in the Hiawassee area..this place is a must! It will be one of the best meals you'll ever eat!

1  Thank snicho21