“Latte heaven”
Review of Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe - CLOSED

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in today for lattes. We were here for lunch three days earlier. Had 7th Heaven latte. Mmmmmmmm!! Waitress was very much on top of things

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had not been to Hiawassee in a while so we were glad to see a few new restaurants in town. We came here on a rainy day for lunch! What a pleasant surprise! Not anything like we expected here. The atmosphere was classy, the food was very good. I had the Chocolate Chicken Salad Wrap and my friend had the special of the day with was an Angus Chocolate Wrap. Being adventurous, we had to try this. Not at all what is sounded like. We really liked it as well as the sides, mine being homemade potato chips and he had potato salad. I even wanted to return for dinner, but we didn't make it. Can't wait until our next trip to Hiawassee to eat here again.

1  Thank 56Model
Reviewed October 17, 2012

You may pass right by Michaelee's on the main road through "downtown" Hiawassee, GA, because there is no glaring sign, but it's the most exquisite (yet reasonably priced) dining in the area around Hiawassee, Young Harris, Blairsville, GA and Hayesville, NC. The cafe is small and intimate, around 12 to 15 tables inside, with about 5 tables outside in good weather. The chef has created a superb menu, and regardless of the selection, the presentation will wow you. The menu includes a wide range of choices and the serving sizes are generous. One of the newest additions is "chocolate wraps." You'll stand a while at the dessert case trying to select from a wide range of scrumptious cakes, pies, truffles, etc. Service is outstanding. Even with a couple of resorts in this vicinity, Michaelee's is better by far. Go.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant! It is one of the few that we have found that is "city quality" ... the other restaurant is The Oaks ... we eat at each place whenever we visit Hiawassee!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

In advance of spending an afternoon at the Fall Festival in Hiawassee, my boyfriend, daughter and I had a lovely lunch at Michaelee's. Having researched it in advance, I am happy to report that the reviews were right on for food and service. The owner was kind enough to email me the night before arriving, suggesting that for lunch we simply call in from the road and have our table ready upon arrival! I ordered their Tuscan Orchard Salad (fresh spring mix and baby arugula, topped with fresh strawberries, pears, gorgonzola cheese and candied pecans, served with mango pineapple dressing) and it was delicious. Also tried their Organic Raspberry Truffle Tea (organic black tea from asam region, organic raspberries and chocolate essence) which was very nice. Not enough room, even for us to split, the Molten Lava Cake. They offer specials and what looks like an incredible brunch, which I believe we missed by about 3 minutes! (A great reason to return!) A popular restaurant, and a neat discovery in the North Georgia Mountains!