“A perfect weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hiawassee
Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Hiawassee B&B and Inns
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“A perfect weekend”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This will be our stay of choice in the future. Dale and John were fun, superb hosts. They know the area and could recommend restaurants, wineries, and shopping for us. We have only been at home part of the afternoon. Already we have recommended Chancey Hill Bed and Breakfast to friends and family! We are now planning a repeat trip. We took a tour of all of the rooms before other guests checked in and found them all to be clean and attractive. The Tallulah Suite where we stayed was perfection. The gazebo was nearby and offered a great view of the mountains. What more can we say?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at Chancey Hill Inn this past weekend, and had hoped to plan a nice romantic weekend for me and my girlfriend. I had a little suprise in store, as I brought an engagement ring with me to propose to my now fiance. John and his wife Dale are such wonderful people; they truly exceeded my expectations in helping me make the weekend extra special. The house was immaculate, the food was delicious, the view from the room was amazing, with a private entrance out to the deck overlooking the mountains and town below. We were met with such warm and welcoming hospitality, it truly couldn't be beat. John and Dale truly know how to add the romantic touches; they really helped me surprise my girlfriend by arranging to have roses in the room when we arrived, and to have champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us when we returned from my proposal. They were great with recommending places to hike, and wineries to visit, and restaurants to eat at.

I was traveling from Wisconsin for the weekend, and John was incredibly understanding about my flight delays, and extremely helpful with everything I had planned. Dale is such a lovely lady, and you can tell she truly cares for everyone they welcome into their home. The space was so very warm and welcoming, but certainly has plenty of privacy in each of the rooms as well.

I definitely recommend Chancey Hill to anyone considering. You won't be disappointed. We will definitely be visiting again if travel takes us through Hiawassee in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chancey Hill Inn for a weekend in April. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast so we weren't sure what to expect. I actually spoke with John on the phone about three different times before the trip to get some recommendations on places to go. I'm sure he was annoyed, but his advice was very helpful. When we arrived John and Dale were so pleasant and warm. We ended up hiking near Young Harris College during the day and went to Crane Creek Vineyards (a John and Dale recommendation), which was awesome.

As far as the room it was great. There was a little sitting room where we did most of our ironing and then a bedroom with a nice king size bed that also had a whirlpool tub. The bedroom also let out to a beautiful deck that looks out into the mountains and the woods.

Needless to say it was a very relaxing weekend and was a great experience. We'll definitely be planning a repeat trip soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 days at this awesome B&B. John and Dale were extremely nice and the breakfasts were amazine. The house was clean and quiet. Our room was spacious and private. Felt right at home. We had a wonderful time and hope to rerturn again soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in August while we were in the region taking care of some wedding related business. We'd never stayed in a B&B before, and I fear Dale and John have spoiled us for any other!

We were greeted warmly and led to our beautiful room which had plenty of privacy. After being tired from a long drive through the mountains, we were thrilled to find we had access to our very own Keurig Coffee machine! It was such a novelty and we thought it was really cool. (We had to get our own when we returned home.) We woke up with a gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge mountains and an amazing home-cooked breakfast. One morning we had homemade sausage, scrambled eggs, garden fresh tomatoes, and a fresh fruit...the next we had delicious oatmeal scones, bacon, fresh fruit, and cottage cheese. There was always fresh coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice as well. When we weren't out and about, there was plenty of outside space to relax and we enjoyed the book and CD library outside our room.

John and Dale took our picture outside near the gazebo upon our farewell. We were delighted to receive a surprise copy of it in the mail about a week later with a hand-written thank you note. It's a great picture too!

We will definitely be back to visit John and Dale again someday. Can't recommend them any higher if you are looking for a quiet retreat at a detail-oriented, friendly home. It was perfection!

were spending some

Room Tip: The Chattahoochee room was beautiful. It's on the terrace level and has access to the library...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank enalsiol
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have been to a number of B&B's all throughout the south and this B&B is the best yet. I am a Makeup Artist and had a client book me for makeup in the mountains. It was an all day event and I live in Atlanta so I thought I would stay the night and make it a mini-vaca for my husband and myself. From the time we arrived I was relaxed! Our room had a beautiful fireplace with the most amazing views of the mountains. The hot-tub in the room was my favorite spot and I took 2 different soaks because I loved it so very much! The room was immaculate and clean with modern and contemporary decor and appliances. I typically have issues with B&B's feeling like I am staying at my long lost grandparents house with antique furniture and nothing to do but stare at eachother. That isn't my idea of relaxing. I was able to light the fire, turn the tv, make a bubble bath with jets blazing and watch TV in the bath for a couple of hours. IT WAS AMAZING! If you are interested in going to the N GA Mountains PLEASE stay here!! You will not regret it :) We are going back as soon as another free weekend opens up!

Room Tip: Not sure what the name of my room was but it was the only room with the fireplace and jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Veronica S
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2011

What a wonderful find! The views of the North Georgia mountains are beautiful. The rooms are appointed with everything you coud think of -including a corkscrew for the wine you'll be sure to bring from the nearby Crane Creek Winery (an amazing place with great wines and friendly, knowledgable people). We had a most restful night and a tummy-stuffing, taste bud relishing breakfast! The John C Campbell Folk Schook is nearby, as is Brasstown Bald.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank karstensmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Ridges Resort & Marina
Hampton Inn Helen
#2 of 18 in Helen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee

Been to Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!