“Great Weekend at Chancey Hill Inn B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hiawassee
Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Hiawassee B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Chancey Hill Inn for a weekend in April. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast so we weren't sure what to expect. I actually spoke with John on the phone about three different times before the trip to get some recommendations on places to go. I'm sure he was annoyed, but his advice was very helpful. When we arrived John and Dale were so pleasant and warm. We ended up hiking near Young Harris College during the day and went to Crane Creek Vineyards (a John and Dale recommendation), which was awesome.

As far as the room it was great. There was a little sitting room where we did most of our ironing and then a bedroom with a nice king size bed that also had a whirlpool tub. The bedroom also let out to a beautiful deck that looks out into the mountains and the woods.

Needless to say it was a very relaxing weekend and was a great experience. We'll definitely be planning a repeat trip soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 days at this awesome B&B. John and Dale were extremely nice and the breakfasts were amazine. The house was clean and quiet. Our room was spacious and private. Felt right at home. We had a wonderful time and hope to rerturn again soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here in August while we were in the region taking care of some wedding related business. We'd never stayed in a B&B before, and I fear Dale and John have spoiled us for any other!

We were greeted warmly and led to our beautiful room which had plenty of privacy. After being tired from a long drive through the mountains, we were thrilled to find we had access to our very own Keurig Coffee machine! It was such a novelty and we thought it was really cool. (We had to get our own when we returned home.) We woke up with a gorgeous view of the Blue Ridge mountains and an amazing home-cooked breakfast. One morning we had homemade sausage, scrambled eggs, garden fresh tomatoes, and a fresh fruit...the next we had delicious oatmeal scones, bacon, fresh fruit, and cottage cheese. There was always fresh coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice as well. When we weren't out and about, there was plenty of outside space to relax and we enjoyed the book and CD library outside our room.

John and Dale took our picture outside near the gazebo upon our farewell. We were delighted to receive a surprise copy of it in the mail about a week later with a hand-written thank you note. It's a great picture too!

We will definitely be back to visit John and Dale again someday. Can't recommend them any higher if you are looking for a quiet retreat at a detail-oriented, friendly home. It was perfection!

were spending some

Room Tip: The Chattahoochee room was beautiful. It's on the terrace level and has access to the library...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank enalsiol
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I have been to a number of B&B's all throughout the south and this B&B is the best yet. I am a Makeup Artist and had a client book me for makeup in the mountains. It was an all day event and I live in Atlanta so I thought I would stay the night and make it a mini-vaca for my husband and myself. From the time we arrived I was relaxed! Our room had a beautiful fireplace with the most amazing views of the mountains. The hot-tub in the room was my favorite spot and I took 2 different soaks because I loved it so very much! The room was immaculate and clean with modern and contemporary decor and appliances. I typically have issues with B&B's feeling like I am staying at my long lost grandparents house with antique furniture and nothing to do but stare at eachother. That isn't my idea of relaxing. I was able to light the fire, turn the tv, make a bubble bath with jets blazing and watch TV in the bath for a couple of hours. IT WAS AMAZING! If you are interested in going to the N GA Mountains PLEASE stay here!! You will not regret it :) We are going back as soon as another free weekend opens up!

Room Tip: Not sure what the name of my room was but it was the only room with the fireplace and jacuzzi tub...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed March 12, 2011

What a wonderful find! The views of the North Georgia mountains are beautiful. The rooms are appointed with everything you coud think of -including a corkscrew for the wine you'll be sure to bring from the nearby Crane Creek Winery (an amazing place with great wines and friendly, knowledgable people). We had a most restful night and a tummy-stuffing, taste bud relishing breakfast! The John C Campbell Folk Schook is nearby, as is Brasstown Bald.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank karstensmom
Reviewed October 23, 2010

On our annual trek through the Southern Appalachians for leaf season, this year we only had one night to spend. Luckily, the friendly owners of Chancey Hill Inn were able to accomodate us. Arriving into the evening, we were greeted by our hosts, John and Dale, and shown to our room with a complimentary glass of wine. Our room was lovely, with a well appointed bathroom with a shower, an in-room soaking tub, and a flat screen TV on which to check the football scores... just right after a day of driving. We had a great night's sleep and woke to the view of the mist rising over Lake Chatuge between the hills. Really pretty. The view was visible from the extensive outdorr decking and from the dining room, where we enjoyed a delicious quiche and homemade apple crumble with our fellow guests. Thanks, John and Dale, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CKRainey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Young Harris
Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee

Been to Chancey Hill Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!