“Amazing!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hiawassee
Boundary Waters Resort & Marina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wonderful place to have a good time. The staff is amazing and works hard to make your visit the best it can be!! I will definitely be coming back for some more time on the lake. The location is perfect because of being surround by the beautiful mountains. This is the best marina in the area and I would recommend it to anybody!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Katiegarren324

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have been using the marina for boat rentals for several years now, and are always more than satisfied with the ease of the rental process, excellent customer service, friendly staff and quality of water craft. The marina is nestled in a beautiful, peaceful cove on Lake Chatuge, and has a wonderful shop inside. Ladies, don't forget your wallets! They have a great selection of sandals, bags, jewelry, pet items and cute housewares too. This family owned business is doing it right! We will be back soon for another lovely weekend on beautiful Lake Chatuge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kellybugs
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

the efficient check in check out process was much appreciated and painless. the boat itself was just what we needed and all safety details were thoroughly reviewed. i would recoommend them to anyone needing a rental on lake chatuge.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Clean and peaceful. Everyone was very nice. A very nice private place to get away. We cooked out on their public grill down by the lake which was very nice. The garden tub was big enough for two. The room was a good size. They had great rocking chairs on the front porch to sit out and look at the beautiful lake.

Room Tip: Lakeview and garden tub for a couple was nice. It was very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Waterpet
BoundaryWatersResort, Manager at Boundary Waters Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed everything, and we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
Kevin Clem
Dock Master

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff and property at Boundary Waters have been excellent for years. I kind of hate to rate them so highly because more people might find this hidden gem and make me getting reservations more difficult. Very worth a visit!!!!

Room Tip: All are Great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Timothy S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This resort almost has it all except for a restaurant. It really does not need a restaurant because the town of Hiawassee has great restaurant at great prices.

This resort had one room available. We expected it to be small and okay. It was much larger than we thought, very clean and exceeded our expectations. This marina is located on Lake Chatuge and provide complimentary use of canoes, kayaks and pedal boats. All cabins and cottages have free WIFI.

The family that owes this business hires college students to work the docks and help you out. The atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly.

We will go back; we felt we received great services for a fair price.

Room Tip: Reserve early.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank heartwind
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I regret giving a mediocre review as the people there were very nice to me, and one of the few to understand the confusing state form exempting us from hotel-motel taxes. They actually provided me a quote with the exemption noted - this is first, and I'll wager the only time this has or will every happen! Thanks for your extra effort! Also, I did not use any of the boating or fishing options available at the Marina, which are included with the room rate, and may be the reason so many people seem to like this place.

However, I thought I could provide some perspective from a business traveler's point of view. With a few upgrades, the business traveler could also be accommodated here.

1. Link to location map from web site places Boundary Waters on the wrong road, not even close to the actual location. I noticed this before I got there and found the right location, but it did cause me a few minutes of concern.

2. 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. hours at the main office are not very convenient for my schedule, and I probably would not have booked it in the first place had I known. I got there just before they closed on Sunday to check-in just by chance, but I had to return from my conference location during a break to check out on Tuesday morning.

3. Room was a bit worn without normal amenities expected at a "Resort". Probably OK for the casual week-long vacationer who can run out and buy what they need, but I expect shampoo and some basic room service to at least change the sheets and make the bed. None was provided, which was not clear to me from their web site. Also, lots of cobwebs around the place inside and out. Just needs some basic daily cleaning.

4. Really old electrical fixtures. This not something recall ever noticing at a hotel before, but the sockets were so worn that I couldn't get my phone charger or computer charger to stay in the sockets! Not just one location, but several sockets in both the living room and bed room. Fixing these would be very easy.

5. Wi-Fi internet was spotty and very poor strength. I didn't need it much as I had good internet at my conference location during the day when I use it most, but once again, this is so easy to fix. Maybe the people who vacation here like the idea that their kids (or adults who just have to stay in touch with the office) can't connect! However, this is a must for the business traveler.

6. Poor cell phone reception. I have Sprint, which does not have the best coverage here, but it is normally reliable if I am stationary. Once I got back to the main highway, the connection was fine. This is not an easy fix, but if the Wi-Fi were better you could work around it with email or skype.

So business travelers, If you want a place to deposit the family while you do your thing, just be aware of these issues, and adjust accordingly. I probably will not come back here even for a vacation, but really, it's not my kind of place.

Bottom line: I think any place using the term "Resort" in their name should provide better accommodations than this.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kim L

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write a review! I'm sorry to hear that everything wasn't up to your expectations. We are a small family business, and we work hard to provide a pleasant stay for all of our customers, but unfortunately we cannot offer all of the same business-friendly amenities that chain hotels can offer. We can, however, offer a relaxing getaway on a beautiful mountain lake for a reasonable price. With that being said, we have made several meaningful updates to our rooms and facilities to improve your experience with us, including: A new more powerful WiFi network to provide faster and more consistent free internet to our rooms, updated position on Google Maps, replacement of worn electrical fixtures, new 32" flat screen TVs in every unit, fresh paint, new linens, updated decorations, and new furniture in many of our rooms. We do provide soaps and travel size shampoo to our lodging customers, as well as extra towels in the rooms. We also offer complimentary use of our canoes, kayaks, and pedal boats to all of our lodging guests. In order to keep our prices for lakefront lodging as low as possible, we do not offer daily room cleaning, but we are happy to accommodate our guests to make your stay more comfortable. In regards to your cell service, it is unfortunately out of our control, but AT&T and Verizon both have strong 4G service in our area. Thank you again for staying with us and your review, and I hope we have the opportunity to earn your business again in the future!

-Kevin Clem
Dock Master

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Lake Chatuge Lodge
Valhalla Resort Hotel
#4 of 18 in Helen
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Helen

Been to Boundary Waters Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!