“Hampton Inn in Helen, GA is Excellent”
Review of Hampton Inn Helen

Hampton Inn Helen
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Ozark, United States
“Hampton Inn in Helen, GA is Excellent”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Hampton Inn in Helen, GA is a beautiful hotel and the staff goes the extra mile with all of the guests. I travel allot on my job and this is the best hotel I have stayed in!!! The hotel is one block from downtown Helen and is on the river. The hotel is about in the center of all the sites that everyone goes to visit. This is a great hotel and in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Henry P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Kentucky
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were making a one night stay in Helen on our way to Gatlinburg. Stopped at the Hampton on a Sunday afternoon at the end of a busy Holiday weekend to see if they had any rooms. The desk clerk said the only thing available was a King suite, which is what I wanted. I asked about a AAA discount, and she said it was not available. This is first time I have never been able to use my AAA discount for a room - anywhere. I was somewhat surprised, but I didn't want to go searching for another hotel over $20 - I wished I had.

This hotel is very convienently located to Main Street and many restauraunts, shops, etc. The room was disappointing. There was a musty odor, like dirty carpet. The couch was stained. The bathroom sink would not drain and the water that remained in the sink was foul smelling with black goop backing up from the drain. I called the front desk to ask if someone could take of this, and the desk clerk said she was about to leave and she would have the next shift handle. The telephone in the living area of the suite that I used to call had a short and I had a hard time talking to the front desk and suggested that they may want to look at that as well. After about an hour and a half, with no one coming to look at the sink, I called back. The desk clerk said he was not told about this issue when he arrived. He came to the room to look at the sink, and after taking a glance, said there is no maintenance personnel at the late hour and he could not do anything. He did offer an identical room down the hall, but my wife was already asleep, so I just said forget it.
He said he would address this with general manager in the morning.

This is not up to Hampton or any Hilton brand standards that I have experienced. I am a disappointed Hilton Hhonors and a AAA member.
e

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hoosierdogg
Oxford, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice pool by the river. Within walking distance to everything. Complimentary breakfast was not very good. Had to wait on food and the selection was lacking.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Barry C
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed there 6 nights in May 2014. The staff were all very pleasant from the front desk to the breakfast area staff to the maintenance workers. This was even on a weekend when the town was bursting at the seams with all of the attendees fro the SOHO events. The staff made you feel like you were the only guests there. Kudos to the staff. The room was pleasant, well kept and the hotel was a perfect location (in town close enough to walk to downtown, but just off the beaten path).

Room Tip: If you are unfortunate enough to have to do business work while on your trip - the lighting could be...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Diana W
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The breakfast was just basic compared to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at. You get 3 hot options plus my favorite waffles. Then the standard continental breakfast.

Pros
- The staff was extremely helpful and just wonderful. Their recommendations helped us have a wonderful weekend. They are the best part of the hotel.
- Location was great, walking distance to the main part of Helen but very quite.
- Room size was really nice, we got a King Suite.
- Other than issues in cons the room was clean

Cons
- In our room the Jet tub was extremely high so getting in to take shower I needed help getting in and out because the only bar was too far to reach to grab to get in (I'm 5'8 with fairly long arms btw). It would have been nice to have a bar to the side to help get in, I don't know how short people get in.
- Water pressure was pretty poor, I don't know if it was hotel issues or if it was a water saving ring on the shower
-There was black mold on the front half of the shower around the caulk. I was kinda shocked but by the time I saw it, it was very late and I was too tired to bring it up to the staff.
- When taking a hot shower the ceiling dripped yellow drops of water. Don't know if it was the paint or something worse.
- The air vent in the kitchenette/dining/entry way had corrosion
- The bed was really hard, it wasn't what I expected from a typical Hampton Inn bed.

Room Tip: We had room 215, it was a nice sized suite but the 1 window didn't have a decent view and the re...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stefanie B
atlanta
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is very clean and reliable. The rooms had all the items we needed for our weekend trip for a wedding in Helen Ga. The wedding was held at Yonah Mountain Vineyards, which is a must stop for any wine lover. This hotel is a 2 block walk to the main st. in Helen where are the attractions are located. Good hotel, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jamton34
Cocoa Beach, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was a little tired. The hotel was a little overrated considering the reviews I read and the website information I received. Overall the hotel was average at best. Pool was small and outdated. Rooms were not fresh. Breakfast was decent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family