Hampton Inn Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
Heidi Motel(Helen)(Great Value!)
$73
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$121
$99
$96
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Riverbend Motel & Cabins(Helen)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Pool
$94
Travelocity
1,024 results
All reviewsfront deskcovered parkingthe riverthe main streetwithin walking distanceroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areagreat place to stayking suitejacuzzi tubshops and restaurantsstaff was very friendlyin townliving roomanna ruby fallscookies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I will say right off the bat, that I am reluctant to give any place I stay a bad review for just one downfall. But, the Hampton Inn in Helen, GA deserves this review. I had organized a motorcycle trip for eight folks, nine months in advanced.

We arrived at the Hampton Inn at 3 PM. It was pouring rain all day. We were soaked and cold. NONE OF THE ROOMS WERE READY! We were then curtly told check in was at 4 PM and to leave and they would call us when the rooms were ready. I informed them it was pouring rain outside and we would just wait.

We were informed the rooms would be ready shortly. We keep getting the "5 more minute" stall tactic. At 415 PM I asked about my room again. I was told check in was 4 PM. I pointed out it was 415 and I had been waiting well over an hour. The front desk manager just walked away.

Finally at 430 over an hour and half wait, I got a room. There are way too many good choices in Helen for this kind of service. I travel for a living and on average stay fifteen nights a month in hotels. By far, this was the worst service rendered by front desk personal. I would recommend searching for different lodging.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed October 18, 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank HarleyJetDriver
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Helen, GA is a neat town if quite a bit off the beaten track. I did not realize how much walking was involved as there is NO parking in the town except if you are dining at a restaurant. Hampton Inn is a few blocks from the main street so be prepared to take your time and walk from the hotel to town and back. Parking at the hotel is a bit different also. It is in an area underneath the hotel (take an elevator up to the lobby) but still in the open air. Our welcome in the late afternoon was not terribly reassuring and our room with "riverview" was ok. We had a balcony which was nice but the view was of the pool and through the trees to the river. We had breakfast there the first morning but thereafter chose to eat in town at Hofer's. The hotel breakfast was limited and poorly presented. Hampton Inn really should leave a light on in the breakfast room ALL day and night as it would have helped the atmosphere. We visited in the beginning of September and the weather was lovely. We expect more from Hampton Inn and they do need to train their staff much better at this location. Nice people for the most part though.

Room Tip: If you choose a riverview room, understand that at some times of the year and and on some hotel floors the view is not great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2011

VERY Clean, comfortable room. Stayed on riverside, Queen double. Front Desk clerks, including "Toni" ..were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was good, and had a very nice attendant.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flyingmarlin
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel is located within the downtown area close to all the shops, restaurants and bars. The lobby is decorated with a Bavarian touch, while the rooms, breakfast, ect. are standard for any Hampton Inn. You can't go wrong with this one. Everything was clean and the rooms were quiet. I would stay again next time I visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends