“For a fast trip to Helen, Ga in walking distance to shops”

SureStay Hotel by Best Western Helen Downtown
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We traveled to Helen, Ga in the Fall of 2013 just for a one night stay. We found this hotel online and booked a room. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The rooms were clean and what was so great was the location to down town. You can walk to everything in Helen from this hotel. There was a Huddle House next door that was clean and the food was good. If we go again just for a motel stay this is where I would stay. I do prefer cabins but this was less expensive.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Me and my spouse had never stayed in a hotel before on our own and it was a great first experience! The smoking room didn't smell of smoke, the staff was friendly and polite including general manager Jennifer Wade. The price for the room was excellent and we enjoyed every bit of our trip to Helen, GA! Thanks Super 8 for making our trip complete!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 17, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room looked much nicer in the photos online, upon arriving we walked in the door and the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. We don't smoke. If the smell of smoke bothers you I'd recommend another hotel. The carpet was patched, the tub was stained. I booked the room through hotels.com and the choices were smoking king suite or king suite. I assumed the one without the word smoking was a non smoking room. I was wrong, even though upon signing in there was a disclosure that I had to sign saying there would be a $150 charge for smoking in the room. The room had ashtrays inside. I asked for another room but there were none available that were non smoking. I called the front desk to ask for airfreshener and they quickly responded and brought some febreeze and left it with us. The bed was comfortable, the deck view was nice and the front desk and cleaning lady were very polite and responsive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I decided to make a last minute trip to Helen for the long weekend. The second we walked into the lobby we were greeted with warm smiles from Jenn & Greg, the service they provided us with was EXCELLENT & we will definitely be staying here every time we come back to Helen! It's awesome to find great customer service like this still exists in today's fast paced quantity driven world! Thanks again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jesscorey
Jennifer W, General Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western Helen Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! Greg and I were both happy you decided to extend your stay for the long weekend.
I enjoyed having you and hope to see you both again soon.

Jenn