“The room was not clean at all. The bed hadn't been...”

Americas Best Value Inn - Helen
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed July 17, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 17, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Its a five star dump!! The only thing good is the location and that's it. I felt like I needed to sanitize everything I took into the room once I got home. Even the lobby is filthy and smelly. not even close to being worth what we paid. Should be $40.00 max.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel was terrible. Myself and 5 other friends had 4 rooms there for the same 2 days. The rooms smelled dank and musty, they had gnats flying all over, the only bedding that was clean were the sheets (and that was questionable), the carpet was wrinkled and filthy, the shower tile was moldy, the refridgerator didn't work and the water in the shower was constantly changing from hot to cold. We arrived before 3pm and I was told that they were walking down to clean my room and it would be ready by 3. My friends and I hung out in the parking area in front of my room. It took them 10 minutes to clean my room and that is being generous. I got extra towels later that day to walk on the floor around the room, or wear shoes. There was a 1/2 inch gap around the edge of the door so I ran my ac full blast the entire time.We should have canceled and went somewhere else, but it being a holiday didn't feel we had that option. Even the locals in town said they wouldn't stay there. I wish I had known this before I made my reservations. I'll never stay at this hotel again. Disgusting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends