“Not that bad”

Americas Best Value Inn - Helen
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Days Inn is always kind of hit and miss, so when a relative booked this one for a family vacation, I was kind of leary. After reading the reviews, I was really dreading this trip. HOWEVER, the room was not nearly as bad as the reviews said. Yes, the hotel is old, and could use some updating. But our room was okay, especiall for the price. The walls had been patched in places but they were not nasty. Our TV remote was missing, but the front desk staff apologized and replaced it. My biggest complaint was that the pool was closed during our entire stay. Yes, there are nicer hotels in Helen, but for the money, the Days Inn was fine.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed May 21, 2008

I Had A Great Stay At the DAYS INN IN HELEN GA. The GM And Front Desk Staff Went Beyond The Call Of Duty For Me And My Wife. My Wife Has Been Ill For A Long Time And All Of The Staff Made Her Feel At Home And Made Her Laugh, Which I Have Not Seen In A Long Time. My Hat Goes Off To DAYS INN . The Room Was Very Clean And Comfortable. If You Want To Meet Some Great People Visit DAYS INN HELEN. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS AND THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR MY WIFE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR. HARRIGAN

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The Front Desk Staff was the ONLY saving grace at this pigpen.
This is a hotel for dirty truckers, hookers, and meth addicts.
The room was "dirty". The floors were unvacumed. My socks turned colors walking on the floor so I ended up having to wear my Crocs the entire time I was in the room. The floor creaks, the walls are multi colored from mildew and patched holes. The plumbing creaks and moans in the middle of the night. The wireless internet provided only works if you are a room or two off the main office. I ended up getting my internet from Big Daddy's (A nearby Bar And Grill) and the Country Inn Suite (across the parking lot).
There was a huge hole next to the wall mounted lamp next to the bed... No telling what was in there. There was trash behind the end tables that wasn't ours and we just basically felt dirty the entire time we were in the room.

If you like yourself or love your family you should not stay here. If you are an addict of some nature or just miserable this is the place have your body found by the police.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2008

We stayed in the Days Inn in Helen, Ga. after reading the reviews on this site. I was shocked to find that the reviews were completely wrong. The rooms are not clean. As for the use of the Ramada's pool, it was closed each time we attempted to use it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. TURN AROUND AND GO HOME, or go to a different hotel. You can find several hotels much nicer in town.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Me , my husband and children stayed at Days Inn in Helen Georgia and it was terrfic. Rhonda who is General Manager allowed us to take our kids to their sister property which is Ramada Limited, so they could swim in indoor pool. The front desk clerk Donna was very pleasant and knew the area well , gave us great directions to each place we wanted to visit. I have read some of these reviews and find them hard to believe. We will be going back to Days Inn again . Had a great stay!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We headed up to Helen for a visit to Young Harris College & also take in Oktoberfest.
The area is bautiful & the leaves are beginning to change, although, the dry weather has dimmed them a bit. We arrived at the hotel & as apparently the usual is these days our friends from another country greeted us in "very good" English. They could not find the reservation & told us that because of the events ongoing the rate would be $199.99 a night! Good thing we printed out our own receipt...then things changed.
We were given the key cards to our rooms, we booked 2 separate, for our friends & the difference was not much, but still noticeable. I do not beleive the place has seen bleach or a coat of paint in years. Holes in the wall, nasty carpet. I know its hard to keep things up, but this is a cleanliness issue...really. I mean come on guy's stop by on the way to wrk & buy some spray cleaner...PLEASE. I would not stay there again if I had a choice. Too many others to try out.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed October 8, 2007

This hotel is disgusting and overpriced. We booked the "Kitchen Suite" which is supposedly the nicest room in the hotel. If that's the case, I feel sorry for the other guests. The walls were stained, the wallpaper was peeling, and the bathtub was dirty beyond cleaning. This particular room is obviously the residence of the manager or owner, because it was musty, smelly and appeared "lived in". The furniture is all second-hand, moldy and water-damaged. And believe it or not, the manager told me that the room had been recently renovated! It seriously was a dump. There is also an insect problem as I woke up with bites all over my body. We would have canceled our stay if any other hotel had a vacancy. Please, do yourself a favor and stay away from this one.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple