“Very pleased with our stay.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Helen
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Helen
“Very pleased with our stay.”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We spent 15 days (weekdays not weekends) at this hotel during the OktoberFest because we liked the location. The breakfast selections were the best that we had during our entire trip. The manager was very accommodating. The room was always clean. We hope to this again next year because we were so pleased.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Crestview, FL
Reviewed October 6, 2011

After this stay, I refuse to use Days Inn any longer. The main gripe I had was with how the management dealt with the noise. The room was on the back side of the motel because I asked not to be facing the main road. However, there were people coming back from a bar nearby who made noise well into the early morning. Since my room had a non-working phone, I used my cell phone to call the front desk to complain. The manager didn't offer any reason why we had no phone but said "don't worry, it's like this ALL the time with the bikers here". I am a biker myself, so I didn't really appreciate his comment. However, I had to quieten down the person next door around 3 am and finally got a couple hours of sleep.

Room Tip: Never plan to stay in a motel in Helen! Drive a few miles away to stay somewhere more expensive but...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Helen hotels

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I were on a motorcycle and planned on staying in Helen for a couple of nights so we made reservations for 2 nights. Soon after we made reservations I noticed on my credit card bill that they had already charged my account for both nights. We were to leave for Helen about the same time that the intense storms were heading up the east cost and it was terrible weather in Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina and we could not make it from where we were to Helen because of the storms and were stranded close to Alabama so I called the Days Inn in Helen to inform them of our situation and to cancel our reservations. They said ok and gave us a cancellation number and I thought the Helen location would credit my account, WRONG, they would not refund my money. We called Days Inn Cooperate and explained our problem and they said they would review the claim and get back. Well, cooperate called and said that they would refund our entire amount and the check would be mailed the next day. I am happy with Days Inn Cooperate but I will never stay at the Days Inn in Helen Georgia, their license should be revoked. Hope this review will help someone avoid our experience with the Helen location.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William S
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I went up to Helen just for a one night getaway so we went to the Days Inn thinking it would be OK since it was a Days Inn, honestly you think a major hotel chain would be OK. What a mistake! The first room we checked into had a bowel movement in the toilet and smelly pillows. The front desk clerk moved us to another room, which I thought was OK- the toilet was clean and clear so to speak. Then later that night I started to notice how dirty the bathroom was. The tub was so nasty I wouldn't even shower there and I kept my shoes on all the time. That morning when we checked out I told the front desk clerk how unhappy we were and how filthy it was, just to be told how they an Indian couple who cleaned and they really didn't do a great job. Great, so much for thinking a major chain hotel would be fine.

Won't go back to that dump ever again, and as you can tell from all my reviews of the places in Helen, my husband and I go up there alot!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, or sleep in your car.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jojohcarter
Newport, Tennessee
Reviewed September 2, 2011

After reading some of the reviews, I was worried about this hotel. Thankfully the reviews I read were not accurate. Stayed 2 nights. It was in a good location to walk where we needed to go. Good value, clean sheets, clean bathroom, good light breakfast, helpful staff. no bugs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This was the nastiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I booked in for 3 days and 2 nights, because the one I usually stay in was booked. The pool was full of bugs and paint chips, to the point that we almost didn't use it. After I asked for a skimmer, and skimmed it myself, we got it, and found a worm in the bottom. We passed on using the poll the last day. The room wasn't much better, the bathroom had a dead roach in the floor, and the toilet was backed up, not to mention it looked like it had not been cleaned. It had hair, and other dirt on the toilet seat. The sink had an annoying drip, and the visitor guide in the room was molded on the back side. The only thing good I can say about this hotel is the location is decent..allowing us to walk to town. However, I will never use it again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travel_happyGeorgia
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I arrived at the hotel around 1 pm and had no problem checking in even though customary check-in time was at 4pm. Then the front desk clerk informed me that a "King Bed Room" is available and he could switch me if I would like that instead. I accepted and was pleased. Although the furnishing were basic and the room could have used an "airing out" it was spacious and clean. We had access to free Wi-Fi and good selection of channels on TV. I really appreciated that we were within walking distance of downtown Helen. Now, I did take a quick look at the pool and it was in OK condition. The parking lot was basic and I had no problem finding a spot. If your just looking for a simple place to stay while in Helen. This is great!

Room Tip: Book online. Save more money.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple