“BestWestern: The best stay in Helen”

Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Helen
A TripAdvisor Member
“BestWestern: The best stay in Helen”
Reviewed December 17, 2004

I visit Helen about three or four times every year; however, my most recent visit was more pleasant and delightful than the ones before. I usually stay at a particular river front hotel, but one of my friends recommended the Best Western to me, he also had a wonderful experience there. The rooms were huge and very clean. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The lobby is magnificent and sports a plasma flat-panel tv. There is a computer in the lobby for guest use and wireless internet for laptops. The breakfast selection had a lot of variety and was very filling. I am most satisfied with my stay there and I will definetly be returning there shortly.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed November 8, 2004

I had called the first time back in september to reserve a suite with a fireplace, a jacuzzi,and a private balcony for the nights of november 6th and 7th. I talked to a lady on the night shift there 3 or 4 times between september and the weekend of november 6th I reserved the room had a confirmation number and everything. I get there the night of november 6th and the lady on night shift says that the person on day shift (carol) had gave my room away. Saying that supposedly the credit card had been declined and supossedly she had tried to call and the number was wrong, they never called my phone number. We got there all excited and then was told are room had been given away by carol and there were no rooms left. We went to the ramada in helen and had no problems and we will stay there in the future when we go back to helen we will never stay at the best western ever.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2004

Everything needed a good cleaning! (Lobby, common area, grounds etc) Pool and pool area very unkept.
We stayed in the new section and room was comfortable. Except for front desk clerk at check in we didn't see anyone who worked there.
Not enough towels and no housekeeping extention to call for more.
All of Helen seemed a little "run down". My grandchildren had a good time but I could see all the grim and cheezy details.

5 Thank sue&nan
Reviewed July 21, 2004

We just returned from Helen last week and stayed at the Best Western....LOVED IT! I'm a youth pastor and needed accommodations for a group. I called the hotel and was given more than the red carpet treatment by their group salesperson, Carol Powell.

The staff did everything to make our stay the best! Carol even put water guns and cookies in each room for the kids.

The rooms were MORE than spacious - a rare treat when you have teens with tons of clothes that just won't stay in the suitcase. The rooms had ceiling fans (neat) and opening windows! They were also very clean and well kept. We also reserved their meeting room and had more than enough space. The meeting space had a 'fridge, bathrooms, tables, sink...the works!

The free breakfast was well above par! I've been craving those muffins since we got back.

The hotel is right on the edge of town. You can walk right to the middle of town in five minutes. Also very close to river tubing outfitters and amazing BBQ!

Would stay at this hotel all over again in a heartbeat!

Jake McGill

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta
Reviewed October 29, 2003

A friend and I stayed here last year while doing a self-guided Chatanooga - North Georgia tour. I had stayed in Helen a few other times at other hotels, and the rooms had been fair to average in terms of comfortability and expensive in terms of cost, so I was very surprised to find such a great value at Best Western. The rooms are HUGE! I cannot emphasize this enough. You could hold a small aerobics class in these rooms! The cable TV was large with a thorough selection of stations. The breakfast was continental but with more variety than you usually find. All this for $42 a night! We did have a coupon, but this place routinely offers AAA and senior discounts as well as honors coupons from the green roomsaver travel booklets (you can pick them up from dispensers in front of gas stations along the interstate). I was very pleased, and intend to stay there again on future visits!

7 Thank Aurielle