“A good place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Seffner, United States
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Friendly helpful staff, great breakfast selection and the food is good. The room was clean fresh and the jacuzzi was a rare treat after the day of walking the town Wifi was iffy so the desk clerk called the server and had it reset and It was better. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Gloucester, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had a very relaxing and comfortable vacation in Helen, Georgia. I visit often and have never been disappointed . I meet friends there a couple of times a year and we always enjoy our stay. I have already made reservations for my next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western H, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Jackie,
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Helen. Thank you for making Best Western Plus your hotel of choice while you're in town. Can't wait to see you again! -Chelsea Tyre
Northeast, Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with the Cabbage Patch Kids collectors and I had an amazing time. Carol, Chelsie and the entire staff were awesome. They made us feel like part of their family. The complimentary breakfast was great as well as the free cookies and coffee in the lobby. Our room was very clean. I really appreciate everything they did for us and I cannot wait to return next year. Thanks for making this my home away from home for the week.

• Stayed May 2014
Best Western H, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Maureen,
Those cookies are hard to resist aren't they? Especially when the lobby always smells like fresh baked cookies. Carol and I are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. All of us here at Best Western Plus enjoy having you all stay while you are in town for the Cabbage Patch events. We do our very best to make sure all of our guests feel at home when they are staying with us. I'm glad to hear that our staff is doing a great job. I will be sure to share your encouraging words with all of the employees. I loved getting to know you and hearing the stories of how everyone became adopters. Can't wait to see you again!
-Chelsea Tyre
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I can't even remember the last time I've stayed at a Best Western:( What FEW times I have stayed as a guest, the stays were not impressive. But this ONE was different:) I blew my reservations by one day, employee Chelsea switched our days and found us a room. She simply had a great smile, attitude and seemed to not only know her job but enjoy it. SERVICE, no matter how good or bad a hotel might be, will improve it no matter what else seems to happen. Chelsea is what I call a game changer when serving people, she makes things happen. The hotel is old, but the whole town of Helen seems old:( But the room seemed cleaned and kept up well. The free breakfast was better than most places I have stayed at:):):) Love the free night time cookies:) If I return to Helen, will stay here.......................

Room Tip: Heard little noise, but I wouldn't stay on the side of the hotel as Big Daddy's bar/
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for all of your kind words! It was nice getting to know you. I do love my job! Look at the wonderful people, such as yourself, that I get to meet! I'm glad to know that you would stay with us again. But I know you are really only coming back for the breakfast. It's hard to beat a breakfast that consists of homemade biscuits, scrambled eggs, sausage, and gravy!
The next time you all come you'll have to go on a wine tour. It takes you to some amazing wineries and you will get the chance to see some beautiful mountain views. Thank you again for you review. It truly made my day! Hope to see you again...SOON! -Chelsea Tyre
Leesburg
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I will definitely choose this motel again and recommend it to others. The staff is very Friendly and helpful. The facility is being upgraded but is very nice now. We have returned year after year and will return again next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our stay was very nice, the staff very friendly. The room was comfortable and large, and the breakfast was large with several options. I particularly liked it that you were able to go to the buffet area and pick up a few things at any time. The only little hitch was that they had some trouble finding my reservation and the walk to town was a bit of a challenge for my mom who is older. But all in all, a very decent place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank annieh60
Best Western H, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Helen, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Annie,
Sorry to hear about the reservation but I'm glad it was a problem that was easily fixed. Next time, if we know ahead of time that you all are coming down, we can arrange for someone to assist you and your mother to town. I love knowing that you liked the room and found it to be very spacious. We really take pride in having some of the largest rooms in town. Ma Gooch does make a wonderful breakfast don't they. I'm so glad you came to Helen and picked us as your hotel of choice us. It was very nice meeting you and hope to see you and your family again soon! -Chelsea Tyre
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We enjoyed the stay at the hotel and were overly impressed with the room, the staff and the location. We stayed here for our 25th Anniversary celebration and plan to come back every 6 months to make new memories. Recommend this location and hotel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Robert,
We were so happy to have a wonderful couple like you all to stay with us. Thank you for complimenting Best Western staff, they all work very hard to keep our guest happy. Six months is to long, so you all will have to come back sooner than that! (: -Chelsea Tyre