BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverpark Inn & Conference Center Alpine Helen
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Helen
Ventura
“I'd stay here again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in April, 2013. It was nice upon check-in and never had a problem during the entire 4 night stay. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The rooms were larger than the average hotel room. We even had a sofa to relax and watch TV when we weren't out sightseeing. The staff was very nice. Breakfast was good. There were enough choices. However, I would like to see more than apples and oranges for the fruit. Bananas or cut up fruit would have been good. It is a little difficult to eat whole oranges while traveling and they are too messy to try to peel and eat while sitting there. We would definitely stay there again if traveling in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
LI NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The town was alittle disappointing Felt alittle cheesy.I wouldnt go out of my way to come here.The hotel was alittle run down. staff was nice. Breakfast ok,not great.Walls are thin,could hear everything.Never can understand the size of the bathrooms,the room was a good size,plenty of room to make that bathroom bigger,so cramped.The hotel was ok,but could have been better.

1 Thank vicsdahlias
Iva, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The room was relatively clean, (mirror wasn't clean). Room was a bit small, but comfortable for a short stay. I am not particularly fond of entering a room from the outside versus inside entrances. We entered from the outside of the building.

Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We spent one night at the Best Western Riverpark Inn and Conf Center. It is located near the river, and very close to all of the shops and restaurants in Helen. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good, the chocolate chip cookies and coffee in the evening were a nice touch.

We would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the river are quieter and away from the main road.
Acworth, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The price was great. We were first placed in a room with an adjoining door and the person in that room was very loud. He was on the phone and I was able to hear all his conversation sitting on the couch in our room. I was very uncomfortable that you can hear each other so clearly through the walls/door, so we asked for a room that was not adjoining. They only have a few rooms like this. Thankfully, we were able to upgrade into one and that room had a Jacuzzi tub. Though the rooms are a little out-dated, it was a very nice stay. The beds are comfortable. My husband enjoyed the breakfast. Every time I stay at a hotel I always have the "Do not disturb" sign up through our whole stay. This was the first time ever at any hotel I've been too that the cleaning staff hung a bag full of clean towels, soaps, shampoos, and coffee on our door. That was really nice and I was impressed. Loved the location! We were able to walk all over Helen and see the shops and restaurants. I don't know if I would rate it as a 2 1/2 star hotel though, the rooms/building is a little out-dated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not connected to another room. You can hear everything through the connectin...
1 Thank Kellee B
Fayetteville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just recntly made a trip up to Helen. Due to the price we decided to stay at the Best Western. The hotel is great. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was good. However, I was surprised about how small the breakfast area was. Overall, a very nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I are from Atlanta and wanted a quick getaway to the mountains for the weekend. The reviews for this hotel were very good here on tripadvisor, so we decided to stay. Unfortunately, what you see on the site is not what you get in person. Yes, the people are very friendly and helpful, however the rooms are old and outdated and not particularly well kept. One of our lamps didn't work, the tv remote barely worked, the shower looked filth and stained, and we woke up in the morning to an ant infestation all over the nightstand right next to my head where I had been sleeping. I can't believe we paid almost two hundred dollars for this. I would never, ever stay here again and I recommend you stay elsewhere for your visit to Helen, too. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how their reviews are so high.

• Stayed April 2013