“Skip this hotel...trip advisor reviews are deceiving.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverpark Inn & Conference Center Alpine Helen

BEST WESTERN PLUS Riverpark Inn & Conference Center Alpine Helen
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Helen
“Skip this hotel...trip advisor reviews are deceiving.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I are from Atlanta and wanted a quick getaway to the mountains for the weekend. The reviews for this hotel were very good here on tripadvisor, so we decided to stay. Unfortunately, what you see on the site is not what you get in person. Yes, the people are very friendly and helpful, however the rooms are old and outdated and not particularly well kept. One of our lamps didn't work, the tv remote barely worked, the shower looked filth and stained, and we woke up in the morning to an ant infestation all over the nightstand right next to my head where I had been sleeping. I can't believe we paid almost two hundred dollars for this. I would never, ever stay here again and I recommend you stay elsewhere for your visit to Helen, too. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how their reviews are so high.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Leighanncann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cordele
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Loved our stay at the Best Western in Helen GA. We were welcomed by a lovely lady that told us all about things to do in the area and made us feel very welcomed. I enjoyed staying there it was clean and well kept. I also enjoyed the fact that it is close enough to walk to the river rafting area so you don't have to drive in your car while still wet. The homemade biscuits at breakfast were out of this world!!!! I will definitely stay there again the next time I am headed to Helen.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wow this was a one day trip for my husband and I to get away from the city. I did not make any reservations but I ended up getting the room with the jacuzzi ..what I hope for yeepee for me. It was clean room and we had plenty of towels ,which is always a problem for me in other hotels. The reason I rated it very good because they were out of orange juice for breakfast and it was okay food. It was quiet and relaxing because we had the cozy fireplace and drank our morning coffee on the balcony since I didnt have orange juice lol....We stayed parked and walk down to the end of the road and turn left walk up the street and everything was right there shops and eating places. The people are very friendly so dont feel shy to mingle and speak. Overall one nighter stay GREAT!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are great if you want a balcony and close to the park scenery. The rooms on po...
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel has the best location in Helen!!! We were right by restaurants, shopping, hiking and the golf course. The bed was so comfortable and the view from my room was stunning! The front desk staff took time to show us which events were going on and which attractions to see, it was really helpful! This hotel was very affordable and I cant wait to come back in the summer with my kids to enjoy tubing down the river. I highly recommend staying here.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was spotless. Service was great. Walking distance to the village of Helen. Everyone was very friendly, especially the young lady at the front desk. We were able to look at our room before we selected it. We appreciated this opportunity. Nice lobby with fresh cookies and coffee. Will stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western last week and had the most amazing time! The front desk staff was so nice and even offered us fresh baked cookies everyday during our visit. The breakfast was delicious and included much more than we expected each morning. Our room had a fireplace with a view of a park and mountains which was so pretty. We forgot to leave a note after we left thanking the housekeeper for keeping the room so clean. (even on the day we had a do not disturb sign out, she still left a bag of fresh towels and coffee at the door) We walked around Helen and couldn’t get enough, so we will definitely be back again.