Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
Country Inn
Hampton Inn Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
Hampton.com
Heidi Motel(Helen)(Great Value!)
$73
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
Riverbend Motel & Cabins(Helen)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$89
$174
Travelocity
$94
Travelocity
All reviewsbest westernsroom was cleanbiscuits and gravybig daddyyogurtfree breakfastwithin walking distancestay there againcookiesprivate balconyhot breakfaststaff was very friendlya great stayconvenient locationenjoyed our stayjacuzzi tubthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a great stay at this property for a weekend in Helen. I ended up getting a really good deal off of Priceline. Let me preface this by saying that I did not have high expectations. When I think of Helen, I really don't think of nice hotels. I must say that I was very happy with this hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Jacci at the front desk. She was very nice and friendly.

The rooms were spacious and had very comfortable beds. The room was clean as well. The only negative of the room was that it sort of had a smell to it.

The complimentary breakfast was also very good. There were a good amount of hot food items like biscuits and gravy, eggs, waffles, and sausage. The location was good as well. You could walk to many Helen attractions.

Overall the hotel was a good value and we would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ugachrisc
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western 6/1/12 weekend for the US Rider News Reunion Run event. This hotel perfectly located across from the City Park. Rooms were clean!!The front desk service was awesome!! They were very nice!! Good breakfast with a lot of options to eat. We will stay here again. I highly recommend this place for your stay while visiting Helen GA.

Room Tip: Walking distance to town.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brenda E
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I really enjoyed this stay at the hotel. The staff was great, extremely helpful. The rooms were surprisingly bigger than I expected. I had a few questions and there was never any issue. The only thing negative was an older person staying at the hotel yelling profanity at 10AM that people were trying to sleep... Im confused because there was nothing outside making noise?

Great stay. They could use two desk people on busy weekends, but the ones working did a fantastic job handling everything.

Room Tip: They offer suites, I'd prefer to stay there next year.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OdileEtDave
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We chose this hotel for a last minute weekend trip, it the only motel/hotel in the area with rooms still available. I booked easily on the phone Thursday afternoon and when I checked the website the following day, they were sold out.

I'm not keen on the idea of a motel, but there aren't many other options in the area. But based on some of the glowing reviews on this site, I figured it wouldn't be so bad.

It's a quick 10 minute walk into town, pleasant enough if you stick to the main street. Steer clear of the quieter, residential street that runs behind the hotel.This seems to be where many drunk kids tend to hang out, just sitting on chairs, watching people walk by and shouting profane things. Based on the piles of empty beer bottles and cans we had to navigate through that were laying plain as day on the sidewalk, I have a feeling this sort of thing is not a rare occurrence.

We had hoped to check in early, but the girl behind the counter said it would be another 30 minutes or so before our room was ready. She then turned to a woman sitting at a nearby breakfast table and asked her, "30 minutes ok?" She was speaking to the head of housekeeping (so she told us), who just shook her head and looked at us. Not to be rude, but perhaps if the housekeeper wasn't sitting down having coffee, our room would've been ready. Just a thought.

It wasn't a problem for us so we left to have some lunch and when we returned an hour later, there was a line for check-in. The same girl was behind the counter and was very nicely turning away a couple as the motel was sold out for the night. She recommended camping in the National forest, since it's free, and was giving very long, very detailed directions on where to get camping supplies. The line was growing and there was nobody else to check anyone in. We waited another 20 minutes to check in - and that's where it got really weird.

Just as we began the check in process, a cleaning woman came out from the office and inturrupted the girl with a question about opening up a particular room. The girl turned away from us and said something to the effect of, "No way are we selling THAT room tonight. The mattress needs to be replaced and we have to call to bring in the steam cleaners. DO NOT go in there."

She composed herself and went on with the checking in process then went on to tell US all about the horrific story that happened in one of the rooms the previous night. Details I WISH I hadn't been told and which I will spare YOU. Let's just say it was a LONG, sad, gory story that made me want to get back in my car and drive home.

Welcome to Helen!

Feeling officially creeped out, we arrived at our room on the second floor, a double queen. It was a good sized room, very dated, but it appeared mostly clean and smelled good. I always inspect the bedding, which is all white (a plus) and smelled faintly of bleach and looked to be clean and in good condition. There were ample pillows and the mattresses were really, very comfortable, which was a nice surprise. It made up for the old, small tv with bad reception and the worn and stained carpet.

The bathroom seemed clean until I got into the shower and looked up and realized there was a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower curtain rod that I didn't put there. Mine was in my hand. Granted, it was a white cloth hung over a white shower curtain - but isn't that a place cleaning staff would look? So, then the shower started skeeving me out more and my eyes started to focus on the tiny, black hairs in the corner of the tub and the cobwebs on the ceiling just a few feet from my head. I was in the shower and I was not feeling clean. That is an ALL new experience for me.

I think I needed to join the college kids and have a drink or three. I wanted to enjoy my evening in a small, quaint town, but I felt like I was in the Bates Motel. So, out for drinks we went and I felt a little better upon returning.

The beds ARE comfortable, I didn't miss my Tempurpedic at all. But I couldn't sleep for the life of me. Between the sounds of loud, drunken voices and the retching off the rail (I was praying it wasn't on my car), the A/C that rattled and strained and groaned all night - my husband's snores sounded like the most pleasant and melodious thing I had ever heard. Even with a good pair of industrial earplugs, I didn't fall asleep until after 4am when the drunks passed out.

I had hoped to be up by 6 to head to Anna Ruby Falls, but my eyes just would not open until 10, and we caught the tail end of breakfast. It seemed like it would've been a good spread, but when we got there, it looks like the food had been left out a good while. We grabbed coffee and juice and toasted a bagel and ate it back in the room as we packed up to leave.

Check out was again, an unnecessarily LONG process. The poor girl who works behind the counter does not have any help. She seems happy to work all the hours, and even said she didn't want them to hire anyone else because she needs the money. But sometimes people just want to get in and out like we did. But she chatted up every single customer for an exorbitant amount of time.

Being personable is a great quality, take the time to be friendly, sure. But there IS a line between being FRIENDLY and letting your customers know WAY TOO MUCH. The time she spent with us FREAKED me out with the story she told, I really didn't want to sit around and chat on my way out.

FYI - there is a $1.50 fee that's automatically charged on your bill for the use of the in room safe. If you don't use it, they will refund it at check out.

Let's just say I was really happy to leave, but some of that story still lingers with me. I wish, wish, wish I didn't know - it would've have been a much better stay and much more relaxed trip.

Room Tip: On one side, you have Big Daddy's nightclub, which has loud music well into the night. On the other, they are renovating the swimming pool. You may want to inquire before you book.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Tinabean
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Lovely hotel in the most beautiful surroundings. We were only here for one night but wished we could have stayed longer. On checking in we received the warmest welcome from Carol, the general manager, she seemed genuinely delighted to have us staying at her hotel.
The hotel was homely and comfortable as was our room, we had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room.
The breakfast was off a very good standard with a good choice of hot and cold options, we also had coffee and snacks during the day and evening, lets not forget the delicious cookies on the front desk, yes, this hotel ticked all the rght boxes!
This hotel was certainly one of the unexpected highlights of our road trip around the deep south.
We would certainly have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone reading this review, there was nothing I could fault and I am very picky!
Thanks again Carol and also to your team for a lovely stay and also the gift of the fridge magnet you gave us, it was very thoughtful and much appreciated, Blanche & Dave from Bonnie Scotland x

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple