“Failed appetizer no need for an entree”
Review of Troll Tavern

Troll Tavern
Ranked #16 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Madison, Georgia
“Failed appetizer no need for an entree”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We came there looking a early dinner and a drink after river tubing for the day. Ordered some chips, salsa and queso to go with a beer and margarita. I didn't know you could mess up chips and salsa. It taste like it all came courtesy of tostitos jar and bag. When I go out to eat I just expect more I guess. This was just not good quality and made us not want to continue our order. Also the cheese was cold, perhaps a few more minutes in the microwave would've been good? I informed our waitress but all she offered to do was re-heat the cheese. I would not return here. Nice spot and good atmosphere and our waitress was nice. That was the only positives.

Cooper City, Florida
“Burgers & View”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The location along the river is beautiful and romantic. The burgers are the one of the best I've eaten. Get it medium rare and its perfect. Forget about the upgrade of the coleslaw or French fries. I didn't like either. The coleslaw was plain & blah. The fries are just weird. I preferred the chips which come with the burgers. The only of other food I liked on the menu is their soups. The price of the burgers are reasonable.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Do not waste money eating”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Seated inside thinking ac was cool, wrong. Beer okay though not well chilled. Asked if the waiter had a preference between fish and chips or a mushroom,Swiss burger...went with his suggestion. Ordered medium rare with fries. Cold fries, hamburger was dry no pink cheese had not melted, mushrooms were not warm. Thank heaven the warm beer was there to was it down!
If you go , sit outside and maybe only a snack. Very disappointed with dinner.

• Visited July 2014
“Go to Route 75 Roadhouse”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Server Chris was awesome, but the food was not. Our group of six had a mixture and nothing was great. I would try Route 75 Roadhouse. Definitely skip it!

“On the river”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Our server Dylan was super nice. We ate on the river so we enjoyed people watching. My husband & I split a monster blt which was huge & delicious. Had Cole slaw which was spiced right, but dry. Added mayo to make it perfect. Would definitely eat there again.

Been to Troll Tavern? Share your experiences!