“Wonderful stay at the Heidi Motel, Helen GA!”
Review of Heidi Motel

Heidi Motel
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in room # 40, on the 2nd floor windmill Nov 15th-17th... This is one of the cleanest neatest rooms I have ever stayed in and I have visited 4 continents....I love the clean spacious bath, and the wonderful gas fireplace....If you are in Helen, please stay here, you will love the place and the owners!! Be sure to have breakfast at Hofers Bakery and restaurant, and dinner at Mullers famous cafe!! You will have an awesome time!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a Windmill room!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel97Alabama
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Helen! Come visit us soon, and have a safe and enjoyable holiday season!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Read all the reviews of the hotels in Helen, GA as my husband and I were planning a few day escape from Atlanta. Due to the fact that my husband is disabled, I wanted to call ahead and check on appropriate accommodations for us.
Twice I called the hotel, listened to a pleasant sounding woman's voice assure me if I left a message they would return the call. It never happened. Being off-season, I can think of no reason to not return a call to a prospective client.
Be assured, I will not be calling a third time.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very disappointed to hear about your frustrations in receiving no returned phone call. We pride ourselves on prompt service and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your husband. You can also book directed on our web page at HeidiMotel.com. Please allow us to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to ask for Chad and we will ensure that all your concerns are addressed.
Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed in the upstairs of the windmill for 3 days & was wonderful. The room was immaculate &the staff so friendly. By the time we left we felt like family. Will not stay in any other motel when in Helen. Can't wait to go back. Also the flea mkt on north end has the best cider, preserves &the produce around.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Rowansbane
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time in our windmill. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband decided that he wanted to stop in Helen on the way home from a short trip to Chattanooga and initially didn't realize that the date would coincide with the end of Oktoberfest in Helen. I checked some of the generic travel sites for hotel availability and found none, which didn't surprise me, but my husband checked TripAdvisor reviews and then went directly to Heidi Motel's website and found that they had a room available. Score! When we arrived to the slow crawl of traffic down main street, we realized how close the motel is to all the activities in town, so this was a great choice and within walking distance of everything we wanted to do while there. We arrived about three hours earlier than check-in time and stopped by the office to ask if we could just leave our vehicle parked there and come back to check in, but Chad said that our room was ready, gave us the key, and allowed us to get settled in, giving us time to enjoy the festivities without having to make a walk back to the motel. We stayed in a ground floor room and were immediately surprised by the size of the room. While much newer and more modern, the hotel we had just come from in Chattanooga had a much smaller room, so we liked the amount of space here. It was almost like a studio apartment without the kitchenette, as they had a sofa or loveseat and coffee table, a bistro table and two chairs, a dresser, and the bed in the room, still with plenty of room to move freely. Keep in mind that this place is a little older, and it could use a little bit of a facelift, but it's evident that the owners are in the process of working on this and take pride in their motel and giving good service. There was a stain of some sort on the sofa that made us not want to sit on it, so that needed to be cleaned, but our stay was so short that this wasn't an issue for us but may be for the next guest. The comforter was nice and fluffy and cozy, but you could see the box spring below. This is an aesthetic issue, but a simple dust ruffle would go a long way to make the bed look more inviting from a distance. The bed itself was very comfortable, though, in my opinion, and I slept better here at the Heidi than I did in our previous hotel the two nights before. The sink and bathroom area were fine and appeared to be very clean, and there was a small coffee maker in the room, which was great for my husband. The TV was a nice flat screen mounted on the wall. It would be nice if they had a mini fridge and microwave in each room and could fit one in here without compromising much space, but I believe the owners are already planning to do this. The informational binder that they had in the room was great, also, because we were able to get an idea of some restaurants and activities in the area, as well as figuring out what was going on with Oktoberfest. The only real "annoyances" were the sound of footsteps in the room above us, the light above the bed not dimming, and a strange knocking or banging noise that sounded like water pipes expanding for a short time, I assume when someone in an adjacent room was taking a shower. The light bulbs in the fixture above the bed were the newer energy efficient ones, and most of those don't work with a traditional dimmer switch, so anytime we tried to dim the lights, they cut off completely, and it was full light or no light at all, although there is another light in the room. I wanted to sign the guestbook, but there was no pen! And I had purged my purse contents to keep things to a minimum while walking around in Chattanooga and Helen, so I didn't have one and forgot to ask Chad before checking out. There is a small playground area onsite for guests with children. In spite of the nit-picky minor details that I've mentioned, overall this was a great stay. You can't beat the location. You can't beat the price. And you can't beat the owner's friendly and helpful nature. We want to come back and stay in the windmill suite and enjoy more of the area. I'd like to see Anna Ruby Falls and the surrounding area, but we just didn't have time. We will be back! Thanks, Chad!

Room Tip: ask for a second floor room to minimize noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elarbol

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It was very nice to meet you and your husband. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time in Helen and with us! We are working very hard on a few updates, and hope you do make it back to see the beautiful Anna Ruby Falls. We look forward to seeing you both soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They even recomended a restaurant that ended up being our favorite. The rooms are clean and well kept. I would recomend the Heidi to anyone. Thanks for making our anniversary a great one.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great anniversary in Helen! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

...But at the Heidi Motel, you get the chance to do just that!
Had a great idea to go to Helen for Oktoberfest, so was very worried about finding a room. The staff at the Heidi were able to get us in, but had to move rooms while we were there. Both were GREAT rooms, and the fireplaces came in handy with temps going down to the 30s The 1st night, we stayed in an upstairs windmill room, the next we were in the king patio suite. Both were great and not sure which one we will request next time.
The location was perfect, we parked our car and never moved it until time to go home, Everything is within walking distance, Bettys country store across the street has everything you could possibly need.
All of the staff we encountered were very friendly. Looking forward to going back to Helen and will DEFINATELY stay here when we do!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wdstk_Mike
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay time with us and in Helen! We look forward to seeing you soon! Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

When choosing a place to stay in Helen, consider strongly the Heidi. Very friendly family owned and run business. You can tell that they are trying to renovate bit by bit....there is new carpet , new bedding, new furniture in the room we stayed in. While a downside was that a few things normally offered at hotels/motels they did not have...a toothbrush (as I ran off without mine) and a hairdryer. I was not happy that my hair had to air dry when they even say that they have the hairdryers in the office but it happens. Upon checkout Chad explained that several people had 'walked off' with the hair driers he had...so I guess he will be buying more. Minor suggestion in the room we stayed in did not have a mini fridge or microwave but when I suggested this to Chad I was informed that he is in the process of adding to all the rooms, some already have these amenities. There is a fenced in playground, I did not need but some families staying may.The location is great, it is right in the Village, walking distance to almost everything! A grocer (Betty's Country Store ) is right across the street and offers a variety you could possibly need...make sure you eat breakfast there as they open at 7 a.m. the ham, egg and cheese is amazing and fresh made at the deli and coffee is only 50 cents !!

Room Tip: All rooms are good as far as I can tell, since they only have 15 or so, very quaint. I am told that...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank columbiaangel
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and in Helen! Yes, we are working very hard on several updates! Please visit us again soon. Have a safe and happy holiday season!