“Great Motel!”
Review of Heidi Motel

Heidi Motel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were skeptic, but could not have been happier. The room was perfect, had a hot tub & fireplace. The location could not have been better, parked the car & walked everywhere. The family that owns the place was down to earth and provided what ever we needed.

Will definitely go again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit again soon. Have a happy holiday season!

“Great Motel!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

There are newer reviews for Heidi Motel

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The motel was close to all the shopping and all the restaurants in the downtown area. Everything was within walking distance. The rooms were very clean and seemed that they had been remodeled recently. My wife and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Helen. Please visit us again soon! Have a safe and happy holiday.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were there just this week and enjoyed the motel. The family that runs it are so kind and try to please. My husband and I enjoyed just sitting out in the swing overlooking part of Helen. The swing is in an arbor of Carolina Jasmine and so comfortable. They graciously let us leave our car there after we checked out because you can walk all over Helen from the Heidi. Would highly recommend. Not fancy, just comfortable and affordable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and in Helen. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

“Loved the view”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at the Heidi Motel for the first time and it was quiet, peaceful and extremely clean! The room was also very spacious. It is owned by a very friendly family. The location was great being right across the street from a restaurant and grocery store. Also has a beautiful view once you step outside of your room. I would like to try the hot tub suite next time.

Thank StephenandMarju... E
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to accommodate all persons on property with clean and spacious rooms to relax.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My business puts me on the road about 3 weeks every month. This is the third time I have stayed at the Heidi in the past month. I usually don't write reviews, but I wanted to show my appreciation for this motel. It's not fancy, just a quaint, clean and quiet little motel. This trip the owners put me in a room that looks out over the mountains and has a fireplace. They have been very nice every time I have stayed here, and I appreciate the hospitality and customer service they have shown me. I just wish there were more places like this for me to stay in throuout my travels. I definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate that you continue to stay with us! Looking forward to seeing you again. Have a safe and happy holiday season!

“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had reservations for the king hot tub suite and my sister in law changed her double queen room reservations and that magically cancelled my room. This was to be a relaxing weekend to forget about my breast cancer treatment and surgery, but the owner made sure to spoil that. Would never stay here or recommend such a terrible place.

1  Thank 822snoopy
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

The Heidi Motel is sympathetic to the special circumstances and conditions our guests are experiencing. We too have mothers, sisters, daughters and granddaughters. In this instance our guest’s condition was not known to us, but we hope for a good outcome and speedy recovery. Although we know our guests were disappointed it was through no fault of the Heidi Motel or its employees.
On August 18th we took reservations for 2 rooms (one being a king hot tub suite and the other being a queen double bed room). On August 29th a woman called to cancel the rooms due to their unfortunate financial status. (we understand some money had been taken from their account without their knowledge). We agreed to cancel the rooms and informed her of our cancellation policy. We explain our policy to all guests when rooms are booked and informed her that she would be charged the cancellation fee. She said she understood and that was the end of the conversation. We made the King Hot Tub Suite available and it was immediately rented with the next phone call. The guest that cancelled then called back and said since they were going to get charged a cancellation fee they would come anyway but lessen the queen double bed room stay by 1 day. That was against our policy as we have a 2 night minimum on the weekends. We graciously conceded to allow this family to stay.
At that point the front desk clerk informed them that the King Hot Tub Suite had subsequently been rented. Our guest stated any suite with a jetted tub would be fine, they just wanted to relax. We learned, upon their arrival, the guest responsible for the reservations had not communicated the room changes with the rest of the group. They were understandably upset The guest responsible for making the reservations said her party wanted both rooms for only one night. I had previously explained to them it was not our policy, particularly since it was a holiday weekend. We had already discounted the rate for the rooms and agreed to allow one room to be an exception for a (1) one night stay. We felt we had been very accommodating. We would have most likely worked something out until the women in the group got verbally abusive with our pregnant front desk clerk. By verbally abusing I mean she used profanity in front of small children and some of our other guests. With the profanity flying we asked them politely to vacate the premises. Unfortunately, due to the group’s actions and choice of offensive language, in front of children and guests, we felt it necessary to notify the police of their refusal to leave. We were shocked at the behavior of adults and saddened to have to call the police to escort them off the property.
In all situations we strive to be accommodating. In this situation we gave discounts and went against our own strict minimum stay policies. Subsequent to this unfortunate situation we have created a new policy which reads:
If at any point you are verbally or physically abusive to any employee or guest of the Heidi Motel you will be warned. Should this behavior continue you will be asked to vacate the premises immediately WITHOUT REFUND. Should your behavior continue we will have no choice but to call the Helen Police Department and have you escorted off the property.
We wish the particular guest and her family the best of luck with her treatment and health.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent the night in the Heidi Motel on our visit to Helen Ga. a few weeks ago and loved it. If you are a person that wants a Hilton suite then go to the Hilton but this family owned beautiful little place is a joy to stay in. It was clean, quiet, very nice on the inside and the lady we dealt with could not have been nicer. It is in a great location with a nice view of downtown and a small white steepled church below. We had a room with a heart shaped hot tub that was most relaxing and a nice bed. The outside is done in stone and the center looks like an old windmill. The price? I'm sure it is not the cheapest place but in my opinion it was more than reasonable. I don't believe it had a pool or fitness center but, I wasn't looking for one so to me it did not matter. I would not hesitate to stay at the Heidi Motel again.

Room Tip: If you are going to Helen Ga. and you want this room with the heart shaped hot tub, call ahead and m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Great to hear you found relaxation here at the Heidi Motel! We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing environment. Although we do not provide a pool or fitness center at this time, we are however, located in the middle of it all! Shopping, great dining, adventure ...well, its all just a few steps away. Being centrally located in the heart of Helen gives our guests the best options for all Helen has to offer! We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.