“Clean and reasonable”
Review of Heidi Motel

Heidi Motel
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Heidi Motel. The Heidi Motel was clean, reasonable and right in the middle of the action for charming Alpine Helen. What could be better?! The proprietors were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a great family reunion weekend at this hotel! We rented a number of rooms and everyone was happy with the accommodations. Rooms were very clean, comfortable, and well stocked. Owners were extremely helpful. Location is perfect for walking to nearby restaurants. Country store is across the street. (Parking is limited along the main street, so leaving cars at the hotel was very helpful.) We definitely hope to come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cwpw

Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a wonderful experience! We read reviews on all of the motels in Helen, GA. We REALLY wanted to stay at the windmill. We are SO glad we did! It was even cuter in person than in the pictures! We have always wanted to try a hot tub so we asked for one of the king size rooms with a hot tub. We were quite delighted to find out is was part of the windmill!

The room was the cleanest hotel room I have ever been in (we have traveled quite a bit). They even clean the corners! There was the big hot tub, fireplace with wonderful, comfy chairs and a nice bed for the night. It does not get any better than this!

The owner was very helpful and caring. He really cared that we had everything we wanted/needed to make our stay a good one. THANKS!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimkats000
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We really appreciate it when guests like yourselves take the time to write us and let us know if you enjoyed your stay. We are a small family owned and operated motel and go to great lengths to make our guests comfortable and want to stay with us again when they return to Helen. My wife and I really believe our motto, come as a stranger - leave as a friend. We are so happy you took the time to let us know about your stay and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was in Georgia for a funeral and we stayed at the Heidi and it was the best ever. Chad and Tyanna were just the most wonderful people. Room was clean as a pin. Bed was so nice and comfortable.
Can't wait to get back up to Helen to stay with them again.

Room Tip: All room are fine clean and quite. If you like you can request to stay in the Windmill. It is bette...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine D
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

It means a lot to us when guests like yourselves take the time to write us and let us know if you enjoyed your stay. We are a small family owned and operated motel and go to great lengths to make our guests comfortable and want to stay with us again when they return to Helen. My wife and I really believe our motto, come as a stranger - leave as a friend. We are so happy you took the time to let us know about your stay and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We checked in on Thursday - Valentines night and Chad the owner was so helpful. The Motel is a cute redition of an alpine chalet and there are even rooms in the windmill!! The rooms were extremely clean and the motel was very quiet. the bed was the best we had ever slept in throughout our travels. We should have gone ahead and booked another room for Saturday night - but they were full up! (Which I am glad for them!)
It is situated right in the heart of Helen and is easy walking distance to all the attractions including Hofer's restaurant and Charlemagne's Kingdom right next door. We were so pleased that we will make this our only motel to stay at when we are in the area!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband & I decided to go to Helen and wanted to stay some place different and we checked into the Heidi Motel. We did not make a reservation but were able to get the room we wanted when we arrived. We got the queen size suite in the windmill and it was wonderful. A spacious sized room that was very clean with a queen size bed, fireplace, small seating area, fridge and dual shower heads in the bathroom that my husband loved. The Heidi Motel was perfect because it is a short walk to town, reasonably priced, cute & unique. Where else can you go and get to stay in a windmill. My husband just could not get over the fact that he was in a windmill and the view was beautiful. The owners Chad & Tyanna Jackson are a young married couple that really made it so easy to stay. A lot better than a chain. If we needed anything they were there to help assist with no questions or hesitations. The Heidi Motel had so much that you'd just have to go see for yourself. I know that my husband and I are definitely looking at staying the next time we head to Helen.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MalissaandJohn
Chad J, Owner at Heidi Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for your business and kind words and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I decided last minute to take a weekend trip to Helen, I kept searching lots of cabins and hotels and finally found that the Heidi motel had reopened(well about 2 years ago)and I was super excited, I have always wanted to stay here. I called and talked to the sweetest lady(the owner) that was so very helpful with the info I needed, I was wanting something with a hot tub, because my 2 boys wanted to enjoy that, she also told me to go to tripadvisory and there was a discount, it was great. When we got there, the room was just wonderful, beautifully decorated and so quaint, and the hot tub was the biggest hit. I highly recommend staying here, the owners were so very nice and it is such a sweet place to stay, we will definately be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms below the windmill were great, and they do have 2 rooms in the windmill part, might try one of...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family