“Good good, nice staff, fair prices”

Mully's Nacoochee Grill
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Comfortable atmosphere with live music on the weekends. Great place for German cuisine, kraft beers, or just a good old fashioned hamburger. With an expereienced kitchen and personable wait staff you'll want to come back again and again.
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I honestly don't know what all the recent terrible reviews are about. My husband and I ate there Saturday night (2/18/14) after touring the Yonah Mountain Vineyard and had a wonderful dinner.
Restaurants have bad nights, hell sometimes a few in a row (especially when it's under new management) and, let's be honest, this is Helen, GA - people wanting to dine in Michelin rated or 4 star restaurants, should probably visit Atlanta.
I started with the Smoked Trout soup and for dinner I had the trout with collard greens (probably the best collard greens I have ever had)....everything was quite delightful. And, pleasantly, the bartenders aren't afraid to make a GOOD drink - which is always nice!
So, if you were like me and had passed this place up (at least twice) because of the reviews on here and other websites, give it a shot - you'll be happy you did!

1  Thank deannabeyer

Reviewed February 10, 2014

When we arrived at Mully's we were greeted by the owner and after a short wait were seated. And we waited. Two servers in the room were busy with other tables, one an eight top and one a four. Then a party of six were brought in and seated. The owner came in and talked to them for a minute then told one of the servers in the room (who was in the middle of serving the table of four) he wanted her to take care of the table of six right away. (I guess we must have had our cloakes of invisibility on...or maybe it was just because we were only a table of two.) And we waited. And we looked at the menu, again....and we waited. And we waited. And finally we decided we had been treated rudely enought long enough and we left after 10 minutes. Our leaving was not acknowledged in any way. So while we certainly can rate the service at this restaurant, we can't rate the food because we did not even get so much as a glass of water.

4  Thank Buckeye017
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We live just a few miles from here, but its been a couple of years since we have been here. Took my mother here for her birthday because Western Sizzlin was closed! Big mistake. We had a party of seven and were seated within 3-4 minutes of walking in the door. (Sunday at 5:20). Only two other tables in the restaurant. We placed our order at 5:30 and waited 45 maybe mins to get it!! Two burger plates, two chicken finger plates, a house salad, seafood platter (fried), and buffalo wings....really...45 minutes!! The table next to us found a piece of a corkscrew in their wine, and right before we left, at another table, a woman broke her tooth on the salad. Did not stick around to see how that turned out! Very disappointed because it was a great place a few years ago. And BTW, our bill was over $140.00 for all of this. We all had sweet tea...:)

3  Thank vktrs1981
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a delightful place both for the atmosphere and food. It's fine dining with casual dress which is perfect for my wife and I! We have had excellent meals each time we've eaten here, Steak, trout, pasta and all were excellent but their ribs were the best we've ever had! They serve big portions and by all means order desert. The Apple pie is almost as good as my moms! :). The owner "Mully" does a great job greeting all his customers. Best restaurant in Helen by far!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I saw that this restaurant had decent reviews so my family decided to try this place out. We arrived and stood inside waiting to be helped for a good 10 minutes. One of the waitresses kept walking by and looked at us but never said anything like "Someone will be with you shortly." She just kept giving us this doe-eyed stare and ignored us. Finally, the bartender walked out and said, it would be 15 minutes to get a table ready. We sat down to wait and I started talking to my mom in a quiet voice that having to wait that long for someone to even say something to us was unacceptable. The bartender walked by and decided to interrupt our conversation by loudly scolding me saying that they were understaffed because two people called in sick and that the hostess was waiting tables. I mean aside from the fact that it was incredibly rude to interject herself into our conversation like that, I would think a restaurant that proclaims to be a nice establishment would have some sort of protocol to make up for the fact that they were down two servers. It wasn't long after that that one of the cooks walked out and asked us if we'd been helped or not. To me, it's not a good sign if the cook is walking out of the kitchen to inquire if we had been helped. We finally did sit down and waited quite a while just to get our waters. I ordered the trout, my boyfriend ordered the veal meatloaf, and my parents ordered shrimp and grits. The food was actually really good. The trout was very flaky and flavorful and very satisfying. All in all, it was a great meal but the lousy service and attitude from the wait staff, the cook being the exception, was awful. There's definitely room for improvement there.

3  Thank Rue C

Been to Mully's Nacoochee Grill? Share your experiences!