“Miss the Sunday 1/2 price wine!”

Mully's Nacoochee Grill
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Helen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Comfortable atmosphere with live music on the weekends. Great place for German cuisine, kraft beers, or just a good old fashioned hamburger. With an expereienced kitchen and personable wait staff you'll want to come back again and again.
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Food was OK. Very small side salad as well as side of grits. Thought the specials that were previously offered were a plus.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've been in the area for four days vacationing, I was actually looking forward to going home and cooking until I found this place. We were able to get right in and seated. The waitress was friendly, when I asked her for suggestions she recommended a couple of different items, I went for it what did I have to loose, I hadn't enjoyed a meal since getting here. She suggested some sort of cheese grits drops (deep fried) and the grilled lemon stuffed trout. I was surprised the cheese grits were excellent, and I not normally a grits fan. The trout was cooked just right, I was so happy with the experience I took the apple pie to go.

My wife had the steak, it was cooked just right with just enough seasoning (very mild) just enough to bring out the taste.

If ever back in the area I will stop here again, by the way the apple pie was excellent too.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have gone to most of the recommended restaurants in Helen trying to find good German food. I gave up. Once I did I found Mulleys and it quickly became my favorite place to eat and take friends. The menu is southern but not fried, and carefully thought out to offer something for all. Great local wines are featured along with an assortment of regional beers.
Mully is quite a character and treats everyone like long lost friends. You won't have to look for him, he will find you at some point while you are there.
My only negative is out of several visits there I took a group to Sunday Brunch. I told them how great Mullys was and really built it up. Unfortunately the food took almost an hour and came out sporadically. There were several diners suffering from the same bad service. There were also menu items unavailable. Not my best experience and were it my first at mullys I would not return. But having several great experiences there I'll just let that one slide and chalk it up to everyone has a bad day every now and then. Give it a try and say hello to Mully for me.

1  Thank Sgburkes
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for an upscale restaurant in Helen with American cuisine - hard to find in Helen. We had never been to Helen so we followed trip adviser tips and called around. I called several days in advance and spoke to the restaurant owner, Mully Ash, and felt "good" from the start. We arrived a few minutes early figuring the Octoberfest rush would hit them and every other restaurant in town...and it had, but we had a glass of wine in the bar and were served by a very knowledgeable young lady who had knew the wines she chose for the restaurant. Some local wines but also many good renown labels at reasonable prices. As Mully promised we had a great table in the corner with wonderful waitstaff. During the "crunch" we expected service to be a little slow and it was - but only a little slow. Given the Octoberfest crowds any good place in Helen was packed. The trout and rib-eye were cooked just right. The atmosphere is pleasant - not too noisy - just right. We will be back. By the way, Survivors restaurant which appears to be a viable choice is closing or closed. Fortunately we chose Mully's, which is located just out of the city limits of Helen (a mile or so) - which is perfect - no traffic to battle in down town Helen.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have eaten at the old Nacoochee Grill many times in the past & the experience was always good.

Because of this, even though we'd Read the recent reviews that made us question dining there on our latest trip to Helen, GA, we thought we would give it a try as it has reopened.

We Made reservations - and they were confirmed. Upon arriving at the restaurant on time, they did not have the reservation listed. Still, they found room for us & were seated without too much of a wait. Once orders were taken, everything started going downhill. We had four orders with salads, which never arrived, entrees arrived with cold food, & burnt steaks that were raw on the inside, & to top it off, halfway through one our entrees, the Gold Strike burger, a long blonde hair was found in in between the two patties. After that, our appetite completely gone, we asked for the check & left.

Overall I would not recommend this place for food or service.

1  Thank Sara W

Been to Mully's Nacoochee Grill? Share your experiences!