“Fine German Food”

Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Down a little alley in Helen, but the food is the best. Their pork chop is great and the Veiner schnitzel, though I can't spell it, is wonderful!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is a lot to choose from the menu at the great restaurant and you won't go wrong with your selection whatever you choose. I always get the Belgian Waffles. I dream about them until I get there and dream about them after I leave. I also have eaten other breakfast items and literally everything thing you can choose is very good. But don't miss the waffles.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

There's a very good German restaurant where I live and my wife and I inevitably compare others to it. The food here is good, but a bit pricey like the rest of the town. My wife is a spaetzle snob and theirs was good. The meats are well-seasoned and tasty. I was not a fan of their potato salad, though my wife liked it.

But that red cabbage. Oh, goodness. I saw an earlier review complaining about how vinegary it was, and I have to concur. It was like opening a bottle of red wine vinegar and taking a swig. Mine was nearly inedible, and having made it before I recognized what ingredient was not added by the kitchen. Fortunately they have plenty of sweeteners at the table. One packet of sugar later and I had some delicious red cabbage. If you find yourself in a similar predicament, remember this tip.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here around 7:00 pm. No crowd @ all. This is their off season till Memorial Day. I ordered the pretzel which is as big as your head. Served with butter. I had mine with whole grain mustard. Yummy!
Son ordered the potato leek soup, I tried it too. It was delicious!! Thick soup on a cold day. Husband had the wurst sandwich with kraut & a side of red cabbage. Liked the flavor. Wished it was on a pretzel bun, then perfect.
No dessert too full.
Tip: coupon for 10% off entree stapled to the outside of the menu board.

1  Thank phislamajama
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Food was good. Place was a little strang and dated. It is off the beaten path. Service was average. Wished I was little more expiernced in the German Fare and beer.

Been to Old Bavaria Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!