“Awesome place!”

The Meeting Place Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This great restaurant is in conjunction to a great little gift shop called The Village Peddler. You can eat in or out in a charming courtyard or on the porch. Wait staff are very friendly as the food is down home good! We are a retired couple but love to bring our children and grandchildren as well as friends. Very relaxing and price is very moderate!!
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have enjoyed eating here since they open. They have great chocolate chip pankcakes for breakfast . There fried chicken plate for lunch is awesome also. Great friendly service!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

As a local, I can say that Helen only has a few good eating establishments. Upon hearing that this restaurant got a 100 on their health score and seeing their menu which had a nice selection and reasonable prices I had to give it a try.
My first meal was a Reuben sandwich with a side of coleslaw and a pickle. I got the order to go. The Reuben was the best I had eaten, it was packed with quality meat and a generous portion, the bread was lightly toasted to perfection. A friend had raved about their coleslaw, so I gave it a try. It was quite tasty and a nice compliment to the dish. It had a good quality texture, and it was fresh. My tea was sweetened just right and they even offered a lemon. Even the pickle was quality and not the cheap type. The service was fast and friendly. The staff was courteous and upbeat.
My next experience was eating breakfast in the restaurant. The atmosphere was clean and cozy. I had two eggs scrambled, grits, bacon, toast, and coffee. My order was out fast, my server was friendly and attentive. The food was good, and the portion was good. The food was not greasy or over seasoned. I love coffee and they were quick to keep my glass full. The coffee was brewed just right and I never had to ask for anything. The owners were there ensuring a quality dining experience which I feel is important to a successful restaurant. They are open for breakfast and lunch 8-3 and closed on Wed. I believe breakfast ends at 11. This place is just what Helen needed, a good clean family restaurant with a wholesome environment and something on the menu for everyone.

1  Thank southpawcity7
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had breakfast here & felt well treated by genuinely friendly people who served up a custom breakfast of my request. It's simple all American food served with a smile & cooked with artistry. The bill was easy to swallow too.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Plenty of parking within walking distance to shops and hotels. Great homemade food at great prices. We eat there 3-4 times a week. Friendly staff and the owners actually check to see if you are enjoying your food a first in Helen. Very clean and cozy inside and bright and airy seating outside.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great place for breakfast in a town of mediocre restaurants. We really enjoyed the food and the personal service from our server. The blueberry pancakes were delicious as was everything else we tried.