Hofbrau Riverfront Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$121
$75
Country Inn
Heidi Motel(Helen)(Great Value!)
$73
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
Hampton Inn Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
Riverbend Motel & Cabins(Helen)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$94
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Is this the best place I've ever stayed the weekend? No. Did it serve its purpose? Yes. We booked online with no problem and stayed in the "honeymoon suite" which was bigger than a friend's room, with a jacuzzi.

Some cons - It smells vaguely of smoke, like it used to be a smoking room but has since been converted. The carpet had a big stain on the floor.

Some pros - It's not "downtown" so parking is a breeze, we had a spot immediately in front of our room. You can still walk to everything, including Go-Karts, which was a big plus to us. It has a bed, a couch, a tv, and a bathroom - essentials for the weekend. It's right near a general store, for easy grocery carrying. It has a fridge, which is more than I can say for half the elite hotels I've stayed in.

Point is, you take the good with the bad. There may be better rooms in town, I've never stayed anywhere else so I don't know. If you're looking for a highbrow experience with luxury accommodations, this place isn't for you. If you're looking for a reasonably priced place to rest and bathe in between all of your sightseeing and activities, give it a shot.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2008

the prices for this motel sounded great and the fact it was by the river was a plus with two grandkids so we booked online.. after reading the other people's experiences we changed our minds about staying there, so we called to cancel and were told we didn't have a reservation, glad we didn't go thinking we had one. we even had a confirmation number e-mailed to us. the reps at the motel said this had happened often and they thought nothing of it, I know we weren't the first to experience this so just trying to warn others before they try!. I have booked online with other places before and thought nothing of doing this one the same way and would have thought the confirmation number would have guaranteed us a room, apparently not!! We are staying elsewhere!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2008

When we got to our honeymoon jacuzzi suite that was labeled "no smoking," the first thing I noticed was that the porch was dusty and had not been swept off. Not a tragedy, but neither was it a good first impression. When we entered the room, it had a general stale smell, almost like a smoking room would have. My husband was the first one to notice the ash tray on the dresser. It was dirty, too. We wondered why there was an ash tray in a "no smoking room."

The carpet was the thin cheapo kind and very dirty. You could see pieces of dirt on top of the dark brown carpet. Hate to know what we couldn't see. There was only one bar of soap for the whole place, and one of the towels was yellow/brown, not white. The jacuzzi was great, although before I got in, I removed a few miscellaneous "floaties."

Overall, the dirty darkness of the room was not what I had in mind when we booked the "honeymoon suite."

To make matters worse, in the morning when we got up, my husband had a bedbug bite on his arm. Now, we are paranoid that we brought some bugs back with us. We will never stay in that hotel again!!! Bad advertising - the pictures on the hotel website were nothing like the reality.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 21, 2008

My kids loved staying here. The "hotel" (motel really) was on the river and our room had a back door that opened onto the patio with stairs leading down to the riverbank where the kids had a blast skipping rocks. The place was charming, but could have been a lot cleaner (and the beds were terribly uncomfortable). With a few updates and better attention to cleanliness, this could be a charming little place, but is a bit pricey for the present quality and condition.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GaSJR
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Wife and I had family saying the week in Helen so we booked this room quickly. Wish we hadn't. We travel with a pet so that was the main reason we booked here. Was told it was the slow season so a one night stay was ok(website said they require 2 nite stay). We explained we would be there Sat afternoon. Gave them credit card to hold. Called on the way..and they had already charged my card. Thought we were suppose to be there for 2 nights. They did straighten this out when we got there.
The room was AWFUL!! If not for our pet..we would have demanded a refund. It was dark,smelly and mold everywhere. The shower had mold as well as the ceiling. We had hardly any hot water. Hair all over the tub and shower as well as the floor in bathroom. The carpet was filthy. The nitestand was so busted it was all it could do to hold up the clock and lamp on top of it. I am not one who usually complains..I work in retail and know its hard to please everyone. But this was the WORST room I have ever stayed in. The pics were from my cell phone. Hope they show up alright.
The only plus...its close to Helen..and the staff were nice.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dougnjeanne