“AWESOME STAY!”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed December 8, 2006

This place was recommended by a family member. We had an awesome time!! It was affordable and very pleasant! We had an unfortunate situation with my uncle having a heart attack while hunting and the Chalet Kristy was very understanding and helpful! We will definately be coming back and have already recommended this hotel to other friends and family...I was also shocked how close it was to the main strip for the price of the rooms...Normally hotels triple the price just because of the location... YOU ROCK CHALET KRISTI!!

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled with family
1  Thank kuntrybumpkin828
Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed December 2, 2006

We're rating this above average since this motel is in a wonderful location - close to main drag, s very clean, has nice people running it, and at an affordable price. The beds are new, but, unfortunately, one queen bed was extra firm while the other was a soft, comfortable pillow top. It would have been wonderful to have two soft beds. The swings by the river made watching the ducks a daily ritual of relaxation. Our next trip to Helen will find us at the Chalet Kristy.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SCY
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We accidently found the Chalet Kristy but we loved it. It is right on the river with swings and picnic tables right by the water. It it a beautiful river and so peacecul. They also have a few covered parking spaces which came in very handy as we were on our motorcycle and it rained. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It is an older motel but the rooms were clean and comfortable. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gt1964
Reviewed October 2, 2006

A friend and I checked into the Alpenhof Motel (sister motel of Chalet Kristy Motel), dropped off our bags and headed out to enjoy Helen. When we got back to the room, about midnight, there were a bunch of roaches. We went down to the front desk and were given bug spray. Not until we saw a roach on the bed did we decide we couldn’t sleep in the room. We went back down to the front desk to tell them we were sleeping in our cars and wanted a refund. First thing the next morning we checked out and again said we wanted a refund or at least some of the money back. I was told they needed approval from the owner and would call me. After 8 calls on my part over several days they finally told me the owner would not give me a refund. He wouldn’t speak to me directly. Be warned. I wouldn’t recommend this motel. Chalet Kristy Motel is under the same ownership so you may run into the same problem.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank SMT578
Reviewed August 31, 2006

We love to trout fish and come to Chalet Kristy several times from spring to fall. Great location if you love fishing, also help always polite. Not the greatest of your best motel furnishings, but good hospitality, and as we said great fishing location, and walking distance of the town, and good prices!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank johncadle
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We were in Helen for 1 night for a wedding. At the last minute we decided to get different lodging from the wedding party and were pleasantly surprised with Chalet Kristy. This hotel is within walking distance of everything on Main St. Helen. It is directly on the river and has several swings to sit and relax and watch the tubers float by. The room was clean and they recently got new pillow top beds (be sure to ask for a room with a pillow top bed not all rooms have them). The front desk was helpful and I saw that a few people mentioned Chalet Kristy would call the tubing place to come pick you up and drop you off - though we did not have time to tube.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nerdette
A TripAdvisor Member
Brunswick ,Georgia
Reviewed June 21, 2006

A friend who frequently visited the area told me the Chalet Kristy was her favorite place to stay. So I called and booked. From my first contact to my final contact with the hotel things could not have gone better. The owners were super nice and very helpful, the rooms were very clean and the price could not be beat. It is centrally located to the main shopping area and resturants. I have worked in the hotel business over 20 years and admit to being hard to please. I had no complaints and will stay at the Chalet Kristy when I return to Helen.

• Stayed: October 2005