“A little off the beaten path is usually where you'll find the best deals”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed April 28, 2014

And Riverbend is no exception. My wife asked for a military discount since I am retired military, and the owner showed her an even cheaper way to go. Now that's service. The building is old, and does need some work, but it appears they are working to fix things. The owner is real receptive to criticism, using it to plan where he needs to invest next. Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean, and the location is perfect.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very pleasant accommodations right on the river. The owner/host was most gracious and helpful. He is updating everything and his choices are great. My bed was so comfy and clean. Riverbend is close to everything - in walking distance to the center of town. We had a great time just sitting by the river before dinner.

Room Tip: only saw two rooms but they were both clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at Riverbend Motel. It was conveniently located in the heart of Helen with a lovely view of the river. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly-- the owner told us to leave our car in the motel parking lot even after we had checked out so that we wouldn't have to pay anywhere else to park. He was very kind and showed a desire to make our stay the best possible! We couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Helen during our visit.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in a cabin and loved it! They had utensils in the kitchen, the cabin was clean and not to mention the beautiful scenery! The river is just steps away and it has private parking. It is placed in a lovely area and the cabin was nice as well. I encountered no problems while I was there.
I would recommend the cabin for families and for couples because it has lots of room, privacy, and a great overall environment.

Room Tip: For a vacation, I highly recommend the cabins!
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed sitting by the river and watching people trout fishing. The location is great, can walk to visit the town. We look forward to going back and staying again.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Always willing to answer questions or assist you in anyway possible to ensure your stay is enjoyable. Perfect location to all activities, but nestled along the river where it's quiet. Definitely will return. Note: rooms are clean but worn. Bed is very comfortable!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

When my daughter and I go to Helen, this is the only place we stay at. The rooms have been recently renovated and the staff is very friendly. The manager, Mark is awesome and has an outstanding personality and great hospitality. My daughter loves being on the river and being so close to the town. I really recommend anyone to stay here if going to Helen, GA!! Thank you Riverbend for making our trip amazing every time.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family