“Our favorite get away spot!”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I go to Helen at least 4-5 times a year! Trout fishing is our perfect get away. We finally found the perfect spot on the river with great views. This staff is amazing and the beds are very comfortable!! Its very quiet and very cozy. Its nice to go away yet still have the southern hospitality you get at home. The swings by the river are one of my favorites too. We will be spending our anniversary there so I am very excited!

Room Tip: River views are amazing!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
There are newer reviews for Riverbend Motel & Cabins

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at the end of March. The chalets were nice. My husband had a little mix up finding the correct chalet but the attendant nicely assisted us. I would recommend these chalets to anyone whom wants a nice relaxing get away. It's quiet and relaxing beside the river. The wildlife is also quite spectacular. Throughly enjoyed my two night stay at a great price!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

My daughter, my twin grandsons, and I stayed three days in the cabins. The facilities were excellent. Boys had a great time being so close to the river. The only regret I have is I just wish the weather was warmer. Plan to go later on this summer. The staff was wonderful. Would recommend the river bend cabins to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lmelvin
Reviewed March 28, 2014

this place was awesome. the staff was great & showed us all the best places to go & to eat. rooms very clean & beds were so comfortable. best location on the water & walking distance to everything in town. best price around & i will definitely be going back. mom & i took the grandkids there for 4 days of spring break & i want to take my husband there. great vacation

Room Tip: would want to ck out cabins for family wk special
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We have stayed twice at Riverbend. Love the cabins and love the proximity to town and the beautiful view of the River. Mark and his staff are great. We highly recommend you check them out. We plan to stay here again this summer. Tell your friends. The Best Kept Secret in Helen.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stay here 2 or 3 times a year. The Riverbend is clean, extremely comfortable, and has fantastic beds. Hardwoods are a nice touch. The beds are absolutely the best I have ever slept on at any hotel. The staff are friendly, and the owner is attentive to his guests needs. The Riverbend is a great value!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I dont know why anyone gave this hotel any sort of positive review!! The only good thing it has going for it is its location. It is right on the river and just a block or two off the main street, in the heart of town. The people working there were not at all helpful and didn't know how their hotel was run. The man who checked us in couldn't find our reservation even though there couldn't have been more than four rooms booked in the entire place. When I couldn't find a tv remote in the room I tried to call the front desk, phone didn't work! After I walked down to the front desk, the woman who was on shift was outside smoking and left her teenage daughter to work the desk. Neither of them could get us a replacement remote. The room itself was disgusting and run down. When the adjoining room (and why did they put someone right next door when the whole place was vacant!!) used their shower or toilet, it sounded like the plumbing behind the wall was going to explode. The laminate flooring popped up when you walked on it. The bed was comfortable but the three pillows were all a half inch thick! Right after we had retired for the evening, our neighbor turned their tv on and it was like we were watching right along with them. Then at about 2am, a big rig truck must've pulled into the parking lot to nap and idled his engine for close to 2hrs. Needless to say, it was a horrible night's sleep. As we were leaving, I wanted to grab a banana or apple from the, as advertised, continental breakfast but all that was offered was coffee. There is no way I would ever go back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple