“great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Newport, Tennessee
“great place to stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Helen Ga, We stayed at the River Bend Motel were the stay was great. The owner was very helpful with resturants to eat at very concerned about our stay and comfort while at his motel. The rooms are clean the beds are very comfortable the staff is friendly and was always ready to help with any thing we needed. The location is the best in Helen walking distant to everything,next to river very relaxing atomsphere. Would recommend this place to friends and family and would stay again if I go back to Helen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, General Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our motel, we constantly strive to give each guest the best possible experience we can, and appreciate when we get feedback such as yours, I hope you had a wonderful time in helen and hope to see you soon.Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were at the River Bend Motel from 3/27/13-3/29/13 and it was great. The room was very clean and had everything you could need, including a mini-fridge and microwave. Mark, the owner, was very helpful with restaurants and things to do. They are dog friendly, (with a normal pet fee) and we will bring ours next time we go there.
Kevin Smith

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, General Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, We contantly strive to provide a beautiful experience to every guest who walks through the door and thanks to people like yourselves who take the time to review our hotel, I hope that we'll have pleasure to serve you soon again in future. Thank you General Manager (Mark.M)
Albertville, Alabama
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family and I have been visiting the beautiful little town of Helen for the past 5-6 years. We visit at least 4-5 times a year. We have always stayed at Riverbend Motel (used to be Chalet Kristy ) We have no reason to stay anywhere else, when we already know this hotel is the best.
Mark (owner) has always been friendly and makes sure that everything is just right for your vacation, not like the other motels where you never see a owner or a manager, along with the rest of the staff, always making sure that you are happy and comfortable. The rooms are always very very clean and the beds are very very comfortable.This quaint motel is sitting right on the river complete with swings to sit and drink your favorite beverage while listening to the river flow :))) The Riverbend is just a short walking distance to almost everything that Helen has to offer. We will never stay anywhere else and I can guarantee if you stay here one time then you will have no reason to stay at any other hotel in Helen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the tremendous review of our facility, you have brought to light some of the many features we love about riverbend, and GUEST like you and many others makes RIVERBEND such a special place to stay, we look forward to providing you with many positive experIences in the coming years Once again Thank you GOD BLESS AMERICA (General Manager) Mark M.
New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the River Bend Motel in Helen in mid March. We had a great expereince. The managers were very accomidateing and called an hour or so after check in toe make sure we where happy. When I mentioned that my wife walks with a cane and that I did not want the 2nd floor room he gave us a room close to the pesedtrian ramp and even gave me a specil area to park so she did not have to walk to far. The rooms are older but are in great shape and obvioucley cared for and cleaned. We could not find find any problems. The properety is righ on the river where it bends to head into Helen. It is far enough away that it would be quiet but close enogh to walk to town. The manager had a number of food recommendations and was spot on with each. In the summer with the tubing and river right there it must been real nice. I can imagine that Helen will get real busy and crowded on spring, summer and fall weekends. We would highly reccomend this hotel and staff. great work!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank wpeer
Mark M, General Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Hello,
It's always great to hear from our guest, your praise and feedback have been shared with rest of the team, thank you so much for taking your valueble time to write this review
I hope that we'll have the pleasure to serve you soon in future (Mark)
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Always stay at this hotel when visiting Helen and stay in last couple weeks was no exception. Location cannot be beat, right on river and walking distance to entire Helen proper. The owner, Mark, is always friendly and very accommodating to any guest needs. Have stayed here for Oktoberfest for last 11-12 years and being able to walk everywhere and not have to fight traffic in vehicle is awesome. No reason to consider anywhere else.

Terry B.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TBrig64
Hello TBrigg64, I would like to thank you for posting such a touching comments regarding your stay at riverbend,and I am so pleased by your pleasant recommendation of our property, It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you in future stay.Thank you General Manager (Mark)
Monticello, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I would highly recommend travelers to stay at the Riverbend. It is right on the water, close enough to walk to just about anywhere, and you will never find anyone more accommodating than Mark and his wife. They are lovely, caring, generous to a fault, and provide a free breakfast as well. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and everything you could want for a stay is provided in your room. You really only need a toothbrush and a change of clothing.

On a personal note, I asked Mark if there was a DVD that I could rent. He said no, but offered to move me to a room that had one built into the TV. I thought that was nice, but said no thanks. Mark went out and purchased a DVD player and installed it so that my girls could watch DVD's they brought from home. (Generous to a fault.) I don't know of any other hotel in the country who would do that.

Oh, and one more thing, it has the lowest price in town. Trust me. Trust the Riverbend. We have enjoyed our stays about 8 times now. In a would that is low on courtesy and service, they know what courtesy and service is.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane R
Mark M, General Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Daine.R,I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for taking the time share your positive experience with us, your comments are apprecite I hope to see you soon.
Sincerely,General Manager (Mark)
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our first stay won't be our last! Mark did everything an owner could be expected to do -- then exceeded that!! Our room was so nice that I thought it was newly remodeled. It wasn't. It is just that well maintained. The bed covers are sent out to be cleaned and pressed between guests. Our room was cleaned each day. And the beds! My husband had had back surgery -- 5, in fact -- and slept all night for the first time in years. Anyone who reports a bad experience here either did not ask for assistance or just can't be pleased. We will be back!!

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Cyndi_Nelson
Wow,Miss Nelson.Thanks so much for the great review. This is what it's about us;I am glad that you stay with us and enjoyed our comfortable beds,I appreciate your business and your assessment.come again soon to see new changes in the rooms coming soon.
Thank you General Manager (Mark.M)