“Won't stay anywhere else in Helen”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at Riverbend and won't stay anywhere else when visiting Helen. We stayed in one of their cabins each time and absolutely love them. The cabins are right on the river, have a balcony to sit outside and enjoy the view, a fireplace, kitchen with everything you need, couch, TVs, comfortable bed and the cabins are very clean and spacious. Mark, the owner, was very accommodating and helpful. His recommendations for places to visit and where to eat were perfect. The location is within walking distance to the main street in Helen. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at riverbend, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and I hope to welcome you back in future .
Kind regards Mark

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visit Helen GA at least 4 times a year. This is the only place we stay. Mark and Geeta do everything they can to make it a good experience. The rooms are nicely furnished, clean, and so comfortable. Housekeeping is prompt, thorough, and accomodating. Once we park we can walk everywhere. LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Room Tip: We have been fortunate to make reservations far enough in advance that we always get the same room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula M
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind words Me and Geeta are cerainly pleased that you always enjoying our facilities , We sincerely hope to be best hospitality and service again on your next visit

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Always stay at the Riverbend Motel! The owner is great! He even squeezed us in his last available room because we were a walk in. The bed was so comfortable! The room was very clean! We've been staying there for years in summer and winter! It's a great location to walk around down town without paying for parking! The rooms are newly remodeled and very nice!

1  Thank Hfhudg

I am so pleased that you enjoy stay at riverbend , I sincerely hope that if you or any of your friends coming to helen ga , I can again be of service.
Thanks Again (Mark)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I visit Helen a few times a year, and what makes my little getaways feel so much better is the management and staff @ The Riverbend Motel and Cabins. The accommodations are so clean and well keep.it's in the perfect location to down town and walking distance to most things. Management is awesome. They are so friendly and the recommendations of owner Mark are very reliable. I recommend anyone who plans on a visit to Helen, is to stay at The Riverbend establishments. It will make your stay 100 % better. Thank you Mark for making my stay so memorable. Kim Stargell, Greenwood,SC

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thankyou so much for the great review, its is always a pleasure to make guest have a
memorable vacation.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband & I stayed Feb.9th in cabin #8 it was real nice & clean we had every thing we needed loved being able to set on the couch & pull curtins back & watch the river so peaceful even though it was just for one night we still enjoyed our selves. Its very convenient to down town & walking distance to most things. We love going to Helen we at least go 4,5 times a year when my husband gets some time off from work we always stay with Mark & Gidia they r wonderful & very nice we always have enjoyed every time that we have stayed there we stay in both placeses cabin or motel they both r very nice & clean and Mark always make sure u have every thing u need & makes sure u have a pleasant stay I would recommend this place to anyone if u wont real nice & kind people & great rooms & cabins that r real nice & clean & very close to town so go & check out River Bend Cabins & Motel see (Mark) my husband & I stayed Feb.9,2013 loved loved loved it awsome awsome place to stay & very friendly & nice owners!!!! :)

• Stayed: February 2013

Thankyou so much for your wonderful review of our hotel, we contantly strive to provide a
BEST experience to every guest who comes to our hotel, Again thanks and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Management was the most friendly I've experienced at any other motel or hotel period. The grounds were prestine and the location is great. It happened to snow the weekend I was there which made it all the more beautiful. Very short walk (<5 min) to the main strip and the river is literally right there. Rooms were very well maintained and I thought the beds were very comfortable. It was evident that this motel is different from a motel chain in that great care went into making sure the rooms were kept in great shape and furnished with very nice furniture.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has best view of river.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us I want to thankyou for such wonderful feedback
once again thankyou and hope to see you soon.
Mark

Reviewed February 11, 2013

A last minute getaway from the city life in Atlanta landed my boyfriend and I in Helen, GA. The Riverbend Motel & Cabins was the perfect location to stay for someone unfamilar with the town. Aside from the owner, Mark, being so helpful with recommendations and direction; it was from walking distance to everything you needed for a great time. Cute shops, friendly locals, and beautiful scenary. We stopped into the "Jerk House" located on the same road as our motel, and bought some delicious jerky; and met the sweetest dog, Moose. We walked up the main road less than a half a mile to the nearest package store and was able to snag some wine before heading to dinner at Paul's. I read mixed reviews about the restaurant, but we were not in the mood to have German food (which was what was served in most other restaurants around) so decided to try it out ourselves. I had a crabcake dinner and my boyfriend enjoyed some grilled shrimp and fried oysters. Our server Rachel was friendly, and our dinner was served in a timely manner. Yes, the prices are higher than norm, but I feel like because I was on "vacation" it's always okay to "splurge". When we got to Paul's we noticed there was a seperate bar area with Live Music; so after dinner we were kind of enough to be invited to check it out, thanks to Ms. Linda at the front counter. This bar was definitely full of locals, but again, they were fun and friendly! During our site seeing we noticed a place called "Club Escape" so we made a mental note to go and check it out, so we left Paul's but it ended up being a very young, ghetto crowd. We went back to finish our night at Paul's. On arrival to the Riverbend Motel, after checking in and getting settled; we received a courtesy call from Mark at the front desk to make sure we were satified with our room. We got a king size bed that was super comfortable, a fridge was available for our water, spirits, and snacks; and the bathroom was fine. On our day of departure while getting our bags into the car Mark just happen to be out on the property and was kind enough to ask us if we enjoyed our trip, and thanked me by my name. I thought that was just the most friendliest and kind thing of a business. I will definitely book all of my Helen visits at the Riverbend Motel & Cabins! Enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I Appreciate your comment and your kind words,We are always trying our best to go above and beyond and create a good customer service and more value for your money.