“Riverbend Motel, Helen GA - Enjoyable Stay”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Helen
NORCROSS
“Riverbend Motel, Helen GA - Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just got back from spending two nights at the Riverbend motel in Helen, Ga. The motel is somewhat old and weathered but the rooms have been refurbished and it is more than comfortable. The motel sits on the banks of the Chattahoochee and it is a convienent stop for the tubers. We stopped and had some beer and chips from our room while we were tubing. Nice little picnic area right by the water. We were able to walk to the center of town for dinner and walk about two blocks to restaurants where bands were playing. Great place and we will return! The owner was very pleasant and eager to please!

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissyT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this motel along with my two sisters for 2 days and we really liked it,the location was great and being close to the river was a bonus.Everyone was very pleasant and made you feel very welcome.It was very neat and clean.I would have liked to have had more of a variety for breakfast,but since I don't always eat breakfast it was plenty.We walked around to all the shops,because everything was close by.I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Sheryl B
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for the second time this summer. Brought the whole family this trip. Very nice, clean comforable rooms. Priced very reasonably. Owner treats you like part of the family. River goes right by - we stopped while tubing and went to our room for a while. Within easy walking distance of anywhere in Helen. Will stay here again and again... Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Helen.

Plant City, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just returned from Helen. Stayed at Riverbend. 2nd time in as many weeks. Once again enjoyed my stay at Riverbend. This time I brought my Grandson. He had a blast tubing down the river. Just like my last stay a week ago, our room was clean and comfortable. Great location - 2 blocks from the center of town. Received a great rate from Mark. Will be back.

4 Thank William H
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in July. It was a nice place and we enjoyed sitting in the swings at the river. The room was nice...not fancy and there were minor things, but overall, this is the place to stay in Helen. We stayed at the Best Western before and it was not good. This place has our business from now on!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starketcher
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was a much better experience than expected. Based on the existing reviews I expected a clean room and that expectation was more that met. Based on the price and “motel” name I did not expect the room to be as nice as it was nor did I expect the owner/proprietor to be as helpful and kind as he was. Something the owner did that really surprised me but showed that he cares about his customer’s experience is after checking in he checked with me to make sure that I had everything I needed and was happy with the room. That’s a nice touch.

As I was checking out I asked the owner if they had recently remodeled because there were some touches that were very modern in the room and he told me that he does frequent renovations and that really does show through. This is obviously and older property. When was the last time you saw a new motel built? But you won’t know it looking at the condition of the room or the amenities.

One last item I will mention is this is easily one the most conveniently located hotels in the Helen area. The Helen strip was maybe a couple hundred yards away. There were literally pay parking lots next door but even with this closeness the hotel is far enough off of the strip that you don’t have any of the noise from the strip at the rooms. They have really pulled off the perfect location.

This is a really great accommodation. It’s not overly fancy but it is much nicer than most budget hotels I have stayed in and I include both cleanliness and just being made to feel welcome in that assessment. You could easily pay more and get less for your money in Helen but why should you?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Daniel O
Ringgold, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I had a reservation for two nights and we stayed three. Everything was great, the owner was very nice. Great location and covered parking for our motorcycle. Walking distant to all the little stores and places to eat. Motel was clean with a frig. and microwave and ironing board, hair dryer. Nice tv with movie channels. Will be going back with our adult children and their children. See ya soon,
Sincerely, Richard and Peggy Parkhill