“Quaint & relaxing”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Beavercreek OH
“Quaint & relaxing”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Best location in Helen! Friendly and caring owner/operators make a big difference, too. Take time to walk down to the Chattahochee, just steps away from your room, and a nice big bench to rest on. Just very, very relaxing!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Beavergal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Denver, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My lady and I really enjoyed our stay at Riverbend Motel. It's right on the river and a very easy walk into town. We sat in the swings along the river and watched all of the tubers floating by. Helen was a lot of fun with good music and fun times.
I'd definitely recommend Riverbend Motel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The week before Memorial Day we had the Riverbend cabins, the town of Helen, and nearby hiking trails almost to ourselves. A last-minute change in our arrival date was handled cheerfully and efficiently by Jay, who was as pleasant and helpful as other reviewers note. Our cabin with jacuzzi came with a riverview balcony and dozens of songbirds in surrounding trees. We didn't use the campfire site or outdoor grill, but they would be perfect for a family with children spending a longer holiday. Denise kept the cabin immaculately clean and the jacuzzi towels fresh. This is a perfect place to stay in a charmingly quirky resort town.

Room Tip: Cabins 1-2 and 5-6 are closest to the river, 7-8 farthest away. We stayed in #4.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

It was ok place to stay, I had asked for non smoking room but got smoking, wasnt to fond of that and the hair dryer was about to blow up, it stunk lol. Anyhow loved sitting by the creek and watching the people tubing and enjoying the peace and love the short walk to town. Mark and his staff was awesome! Will consider staying again. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank spoiledrottin1
Peachtree City
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The pictures and price ($119 + tax for one night!) and all the glowing reviews made this look like a great spot to spend the night. After entering the room I almost walked out, but being Memorial Day weekend I didn't want to spend the rest of the day looking for a better hotel (many were sold out).

First - overpriced. WAY overpriced. Second, I booked online (showing 5 rooms left). Apparently the online system is managed manually (not connected to their booking system) and when I arrived I was "lucky" to have gotten the last room. I wish I'd been "unlucky". The staff _WERE_ very friendly, I have no problem with how I was treated. However, I've read in other posts how they call to check if you're satisfied with the room. I had just walked in, and the phone rang while I was in the bathroom. Not much of a chance to really check the room out, but still enough to be able to comment that the microwave was old and yellowed.

The floors - I didn't want to walk barefoot on the carpet. It smelled damp (I overlooked this - it IS on the river after all). The bathroom was terrible - the ceiling was covered with cigarette burns and the shower head was a $3 special. The ceiling of the bathroom also had paint slathered all over it - my 7 year old can paint walls better than that. The bed was covered in pink sheets with bleach stains! I tried to sleep on top of the covers but eventually succumbed and went under the sheets (with shirt, shorts, and socks on).

When I got back home I did my laundry and my night clothes reeked of SMOKE. Ah yes, that explains the cigarette burns I saw in the bathroom.

The only thing "new" about the room was a small flat screen TV with basic _analog_ (crap) signal. At least the remote worked.

Helen itself was nice enough - touristy but nice.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you like to overpay and have incredibly low standards.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank mbrown9764
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We love the riverbend hotel we go every year on memorial weekend and thus year was even better than last! They have newly renovated and the owner of the hotel, mark was more than kind! He was a very nice guy upgraded our room and everytime he saw us made sure that we were happy with our stay here, thestaff was very helpful and very courteous and the view of the river is outstanding. Even though it is in town the hotel is intown it is still very quiet and secluded! We will be going back!

• Stayed May 2012
Macon, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2012

...and it was great! Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, the room was clean, neat, with a super comfy bed, awesome air conditioning, and a wonderfully hot shower. Perfect location for walking around Helen and the best river access! I'll be staying again in the future!

J. O'Neal