“family reunion”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My mother took me to Helen GA for the first time several years ago. I fell in love with the city and it's charm. After my first trip, I couldn't wait to go back. We have cousins that live in Opelika AL and Bessemer City NC. Our cousins had been meeting in Helen for several years and invited us to join them one time. I was hooked. Helen became OUR trip, once a year to relax and enjoy the town and all it has to offer. We had stayed at a hotel down the road and was looking for something else and came across the Riverbend Motel. It is centrally located, easy walking distance to most all attractions. The motel is located on the river and has a very calming and quiet atmosphere. We have been staying at the Riverbend Motel for over 5 years now, I do not want to stay anywhere else. The staff is very courteous and helpful. This past visit, we noticed the rooms had a makeover, our visit was more enjoyable, even though I find that hard since we have always enjoyed staying here. I do not know about any of the other hotels around, but they are a pet friendly motel and offer a great place for walking your dogs. I recommend this motel to everyone when I have the opportunity. My mother has since passed, and I still meet my cousins once a year in our favorite spot, I just can't stay anywhere else, it wouldn't be the same. Give them a try, I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we do.

Room Tip: There is NO elevator, recommend first floor for anyone with health issues that might hinder you from...

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Our room was nice clean the motel has a great view of the river its location is great ur just a few mins. Away from town mark has done a excllent job on the motel it is a very nice & clean place to stay. This motel is a very nice family run place. Mark & his wife are real nice they make ur stay a pleasant one.so I would recamend anyone to stay there its real nice & clean and u couldnt ask for any nicer people than they r. We stayed mothers day weekend. Sandi & Jason Statham GA (5/12/2012) we will continue on coming back there weve been staying with them for at least 8 years and also we have stayed in his cabins they r real nice and clean and its just like ur home away from home

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Absolutely enjoyed my stay at the Riverbend Motel and Cabins in Helen Georgia. The cabin was very clean and well stocked of everything needed during my stay. Sitting on the back porch drinking my morning coffee while watching the beautiful river was amazing. The welcoming smile from Marc and his wife made me feel as though we had known each other forever. The location is perfect for those that like to shop during the day and then enjoy peace and quiet during the evening. Everything is right there for your convenience. After this experience I will not stay in a big chain motel in Helen again. I had much rather stay at the Riverbend Motel and cabins with a clean, friendly and beautiful location than to stay at a big name motel that is dirty, expensive and a view of a concrete parking lot any day. With the money I saved by staying at the Riverbend, I was able to enjoy shopping and dining without a worry. Thank you Marc for such wonderful hospitality and a beautiful place to relax. Fantastic experience and highly recommended.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Lovely motel in the most beautiful surroundings. I only stayed for one night but wished I could have stayed longer. On checking in, I received the warmest welcome from Marc, with his very friendly helpful staff, and they all seemed genuinely delighted to have me staying at this motel. I certainly have no hesitation recommending this motel to anyone. There was nothing I could fault and I am very picky!
Great customer service and clean every where you looked. The motel was very comfortable. My room was very clean, with a flat screen tv. and a super comfortable king size bed. I was able to walk to the strip for restaurants and shopping. Very close to all activities. With information on local activities and attractions in the lobby and room, planning came with ease. The motel is right on the river and I enjoyed sitting in the swing listening and seeing the comforting and relaxing beautiful place of serenity. I didn't see any other motel offer anything close. There is a variety of big chain motels that I had the option to choose from. I stopped at 2 before finding Riverbend. My first stop is a well known motel chain located just as you enter Helen. I went inside to find a very rude manager who was more interested in yelling at her staff openly than renting rooms, She finally did acknowledge rudely with no rooms, a terrible disposition. Turned and walked rudely away. My next experience in trying to find a room, left me disgusted and feeling discouraged. The parking area and lawn were in a terrible condition. The price was so expensive, all because the name on the sign. I thought maybe Helen is not a place for me.
I was pleased to find Marc, his staff, and a beautiful motel, when at last finally arriving to the motel!! I will definitely stay here whenever in the area. GREAT VALUE, FRIENDLY SERVICE, CLEAN, LOCATION, couldn't ask for more. Thanks Riverbend.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

me and wife have been staying at riverbend for eight years now never had problem we love staying there next to the river its the best place to stay in helen mark and his family are really great people. stayed there Mothers day weekend if you want a great place to stay go stay at riverbend.

Room Tip: Room on the top so you can enjoy the view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Riverbend and I was not dissapointed. I was a little apprehensive about stayng in a mom and pop hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I did not have a reservation but Mark made sure I got in a room. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Mark made sure to call right after we arrived to the room to ensure everything was ok. The Hotel is right on the river and I enjoyed sitting in the swing listening to the tumbling waters. I even ran into Mark that evening and he still remembered my name and asked again if everything was ok. Great customer service. They even told me I could leave my car there after checkout to visit town if I chose so I would not have to pay to park in a lot. Would have given a 5/5 if there had been a regular pool and more than one grill area (only one grill for all hotel guests). But yes, I would recommend this hotel, very nice, clean rooms and great customer service. Oh and it is right in the middle of town, so no need to drive anywhere, everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs, request a bottom floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2012

After searching and booking 2 different Hotyels, I decided to saty here because of the location andf convience. With this being my first time there I was a litytle wary. I was so pleased with the customer service that was recieved. They are so down to earth and made us feel right at home. The River was beautiful and the beds amazing comfort. This will not be my last time. I have already booked my room for October !!!!!! can not wait.

Selena,