“"Clean and Priced Reasonable"”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Gibson, Georgia
“"Clean and Priced Reasonable"”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My husband and I went to Helen, Ga during the week of Thanksgiving. I booked this hotel on line and received an excellent rate. When we arrived at the hotel, I was a little nervous because booking on line you couldn't really see what you was getting. But to my surprise the room was very clean, and Mark (who is the manager) was extremely nice and the staff that works there was very polite and any request we made they made sure it was complete. They are in the process of updating the hotel and we even looked at one of the cabins on the river and we will be going back and plan on staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at Riverbend the weekend after Thanksgiving. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room was clean, and the bed very comfortable! We found the location to be both beautiful(river view) and convenient(about a block and a half from all that Helen has to offer). The manager was especially helpful. I would certainly return. In fact, we will definitely return, and we will be telling friends about Riverbend.

1 Thank Angela T
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My husband, I & another couple went to Helen for a weekend and we wanted to stay in cabin and we found the right place "RIVERBEND". The rooms were upgraded, neat & clean. Front desk staff was very friendly. "J", the property manager was very nice and helpful. We will go there next season and stay at the same place. Best rooms and best motel in Helen. I recommend this motel highly.

Room Tip: All rooms are best
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khyati B
WOODSTOCK, GA
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were with another couple who had previously stayed here last season and whom recommended highly. Management eagerly showed us the rooms and made us feel like we were friends. The rooms were clean and adequate with microwave, refrigerator, iron and board, hair dryer, coffee maker,nice television and a king bed which was so comfortable. We were greeted upon arrival and addressed by management before we left. One minute walk to shops, restaurants, horse buggies & etc. Certainly will want to stay here again without doubt......Thanks to management for the hospitality and being so friendly and outgoing!!!!!

Gainesville
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Riverbend Hotel this past Saturday night, and it was perfect for us! The location is literally in the bend of the Chattahoochee River. It was so nice to leave our car at the hotel and take a pleasant 1 minute walk to the main street shops and restaurants... meeting horse & buggies on the way! So glad we didn't stay at one of the chain hotels outside town when this little gem is right in the middle of everything! Great price, clean big room, had ceiling fan, 2 queen beds (one firm and one soft mattress set), and the people were SO nice!! I think it would be awesome to stay here in the Summer so you could sit and watch all the people go by tubing in the river! We will definitely plan another little getaway to the Riverbend very soon!!

Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I called to confirm our reservation and to advise we were running extremely late. The Mgr. confirmed our reservation and told me he would leave the door open, light on, and the keys on the table for our late arrival. The next morning I asked for a step stool for my mother to enable her to access the bed more easily. The Mgr. directed one of the employees to build a step to assist my mother into the bed. I was very impressed with the Manager and his friendliness and willingness to assist us before we arrived and during our stay. The lady behind the desk was very friendly and hospitable not only to me, but to others I heard her talking to. The accomodations were very clean and very adequate. The two queen beds were very comfortable. The room had a fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hangers, hair dryer, coffee maker, and a television. Thanks for the hospitality and a great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Did not have much to choose from, given that Oktoberfest was going on. This hotel's location is ideal for walking to downtown and the Festhall. Rooms are just okay (nothing special) and appears to have been renovated in the last couple of years. Owner was very friendly and outgoing.

Had we booked the rooms much farther in advanced than what we did, we could have avoided a higher seasonal mark-up.

Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room on the upper level have a better view of the river.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple