“Weekend”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My sisters and I stayed the weekend in Helen and stayed in the cabins.The rooms were ok except we were told it would sleep 4 but it had one bed and one sleeper sofa that two people cannot sleep on and the springs were awful I finally made a bed on the floor good thing we had decided to bring an air mattress.It was a bad weekend for resting.Also from the pictures that are posted it looks like the river is right outside the door but you have 2 flights of stairs to climb to get to the door of cabin, also we rented online and the price was way lower than when we got there to pay its a pretty price to pay just for two nights we were told online the price was a little over 400.00 but when we got there and paid it was over 550.00 we couldn't stay any where else because everything was booked because of Octoberfest we had booked over three weeks before arriving.This may be a good place for younger people but we are a little older and the going up and down stairs all weekend was not what we wanted to spend our weekend doing.

1  Thank Teresa C

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I rated this experience as Very Good because overall we really enjoyed the cabin and location. It was a little less than what we expected because the pictures online made the place look Immaculate but I guess the pictures are a little old. The cabin has a nice layout and location is perfect. It was very quiet and relaxing. The cleanliness could have been a lot better. The bathrooms and kitchen were pretty clean but the rest of the place needed some attention (especially dusting). My wife & I went to Dollar General and bought a mop and some cleaning supplies and gave the place an old fashion G.I. party. We left it in better shape than we found it. We first got in we noticed an old TV downstairs with no remote and there wasn't any TV upstairs. We contacted management and they corrected the problem immediately by bringing us a new flat screen TV for downstairs and taking the old TV upstairs. The bed was very comfortable but the rest of the furniture needs to be replaced. The couch is a cheap pull-out that sinks to the floor when you sit in it. The chair was okay but not comfortable. There was folding metal frame with a mattress on it that I double anyone would want to sleep on it. The place has a lot of potential and location is prime. We took our dogs and they loved it. I saw the property up for sale so maybe the new owners will update the interior a little. A little updating and some interior cleaning will help a lot. Overall we had a good time. The place grew on us and the staff (maint, service, & manager) were wonderful people. Overall it was a great experience and we will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the sofa sleeper or extra bunk bed bring an air mattress. The mattress...
2  Thank westce
Reviewed October 14, 2011

we stayed at Riverbend for two nights and was very comfortable.The room was very comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful,even offered to help with luggage. The weather was lousy but thats the only downside of the trip to Helen. The motel is certainly a great value at a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms were very comfortable and were clean. The only complaint I had was with the height of the tol...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fred a
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We were planning a family trip to Helen, GA and before we left we did a little bit of research. My husband called the Riverbend where he first spoke with Jay. After speaking with him we decided that the Riverbend is where we were going to stay in Helen. So after making our very long drive to Helen, we got to the Riverbend and it wasn't a fit for us. We voiced our opinion to Jay and he was very kind and helped us find a better fit for us. Instead of saying, "touch luck--figure it out" he wanted us to enjoy our visit to Helen, so we helped us as best he could. Jay is a wonderful manager/owner. Such a pleasure to come in contact with. The Quality Inn of Helen has excellent customer service because of him! "

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was our second stay at River Bend. I have nothing but good to say about this motel. We love the view, location, and convenience. The staff were very nice and helpful. Will plan to stay again when we decided to come back to Helen.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed in one of the jacuzzi cabins and the place was much nicer than I expected. The location is perfect - even though it is just 2 blocks from the center of town, it is right next to the river and is very peaceful, quiet and sort of secluded. The place has the country charm and amenities that you would expect in a country cabin. You can walk to almost any destination in the city from here. You'll definitely want to walk over to BETTY'S Grocery Store - It's like an awesome, countrified Whole Foods store.

There was no telephone in the cabin and the hotel's wi-fi didn't quite reach the cabin. At first I was bothered by this, but then I realized that I came to the cabin to get away from the rat race. It turned out to be even more peaceful without wi-fi access. If you need it, you can just walk your laptop or tablet over to the hotel office and check your email (perfect wi-fi access there).

The view of the river from the deck is awesome. It's even nice and elevated enough for you to sleep on the deck at night if you choose to do so. Oh yeah, there is just one thing that needs to be updated though - they need to get rid of the VCRs and replace them with DVD players.

It was a nice, slow and simple place - exactly what I wanted. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbace1
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was great for a quick weekend getaway. The room was pleasant enough for a motel. Unfortunately after just a few hours, the humidity in the room caused all our clothing (still in our luggage) to become moist to the touch, and by the next day all of our clothes smelled of mildew. But the location was great, we walked everywhere we went, and it was perfect being in the middle of everything. We were right on the river, and it was fun seeing everyone tubing on Saturday. The music lasted well into the night Saturday night (wasn't bad Friday), and there was a motorcycle rally in town that was very loud. I liked having a fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom was clean, and the water was Hot!! and lasted forever. The king bed was really soft, and caused us to have some aches the next day. My husband says he has no complaints. We had everything we needed in the room, clean towels were provided daily etc. Overall I'd recommend the place to anyone on a budget. Helen is a vacation town and generally very expensive, so its nice to know that there's a clean place where you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: The motel rooms were pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple