Riverbend Motel & Cabins
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$144
$121
$84
Country Inn
Hampton Inn Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$121
$109
Hampton.com
Heidi Motel(Helen)(Great Value!)
$73
Holiday Inn Express Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$97
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
$89
$174
$94
Travelocity
1,418 results
All reviewsthe riverwithin walking distanceplace to stayceiling fanget awayrooms are cleanthe main streetshops and restaurantsdowntown helenbed was very comfortablemiddle of townclose to townthe room was nicestaff was very friendlymarkcabinpet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We were planning a family trip to Helen, GA and before we left we did a little bit of research. My husband called the Riverbend where he first spoke with Jay. After speaking with him we decided that the Riverbend is where we were going to stay in Helen. So after making our very long drive to Helen, we got to the Riverbend and it wasn't a fit for us. We voiced our opinion to Jay and he was very kind and helped us find a better fit for us. Instead of saying, "touch luck--figure it out" he wanted us to enjoy our visit to Helen, so we helped us as best he could. Jay is a wonderful manager/owner. Such a pleasure to come in contact with. The Quality Inn of Helen has excellent customer service because of him! "

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was our second stay at River Bend. I have nothing but good to say about this motel. We love the view, location, and convenience. The staff were very nice and helpful. Will plan to stay again when we decided to come back to Helen.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed in one of the jacuzzi cabins and the place was much nicer than I expected. The location is perfect - even though it is just 2 blocks from the center of town, it is right next to the river and is very peaceful, quiet and sort of secluded. The place has the country charm and amenities that you would expect in a country cabin. You can walk to almost any destination in the city from here. You'll definitely want to walk over to BETTY'S Grocery Store - It's like an awesome, countrified Whole Foods store.

There was no telephone in the cabin and the hotel's wi-fi didn't quite reach the cabin. At first I was bothered by this, but then I realized that I came to the cabin to get away from the rat race. It turned out to be even more peaceful without wi-fi access. If you need it, you can just walk your laptop or tablet over to the hotel office and check your email (perfect wi-fi access there).

The view of the river from the deck is awesome. It's even nice and elevated enough for you to sleep on the deck at night if you choose to do so. Oh yeah, there is just one thing that needs to be updated though - they need to get rid of the VCRs and replace them with DVD players.

It was a nice, slow and simple place - exactly what I wanted. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kbace1
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The price was great for a quick weekend getaway. The room was pleasant enough for a motel. Unfortunately after just a few hours, the humidity in the room caused all our clothing (still in our luggage) to become moist to the touch, and by the next day all of our clothes smelled of mildew. But the location was great, we walked everywhere we went, and it was perfect being in the middle of everything. We were right on the river, and it was fun seeing everyone tubing on Saturday. The music lasted well into the night Saturday night (wasn't bad Friday), and there was a motorcycle rally in town that was very loud. I liked having a fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom was clean, and the water was Hot!! and lasted forever. The king bed was really soft, and caused us to have some aches the next day. My husband says he has no complaints. We had everything we needed in the room, clean towels were provided daily etc. Overall I'd recommend the place to anyone on a budget. Helen is a vacation town and generally very expensive, so its nice to know that there's a clean place where you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: The motel rooms were pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gwinna
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I recently visited Helen with my two grandsons, and we stayed at the Riverbend Motel. Our stay there was a very pleasant experience. Our room was clean. The carpet had just been cleaned, and it smelled really fresh. I especially appreciated the reasonable cost of staying there. The Riverbend is right next to the river which made it possible for us to enjoy it so much more. Thanks to Mark and other staff for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family